Folding mirrors retrofit question

lizart95

Reaction score
Hi everyone
So i want to install foldable mirrors
On which letter the code need to end ?
On my car the code of the module ends with A so A is incompatible.

For 8L cars door module J would do it for 8P cars door modules M or P will do it , but there is a little bit more than just the door modules you will need . What these parts are i couldn't honestly say as my car ( S3 2010 8P ) already had the other parts fitted minus door modules ( i had N in mine ) + i had to buy the correct folding mirrors to fit . It's rather a fiddly job as getting mirrors off and routing new wires bk through the door bung inside door trim can be a Pita but doable.
Look up member @samuelh_888 build where he lists the parts for a sportback S3 2012 and should be same for A3 8P.
Hope this helps , i know @Darren92 is selling A5 folding mirrors in site classified but u would to do research to see if they would fit ur model .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: samuelh_888
I need to find the whole package, folding mechanism, the switch for the driver door and surround are not that big problem to be found.The problem is finding the correct modules because most car that are parted are low spec and finding car with options is not very easy.People tend to sell individual parts and when you need everything like in my case it's tough and time consuming . When i retrofited the puddle lights i needed a month to colect everything.My car is pre-facelift and i know some modules are rewired and incompatible .Doing fiddly stuff is my second name

I need to find the whole package, folding mechanism, the switch for the driver door and surround are not that big problem to be found.The problem is finding the correct modules because most car that are parted are low spec and finding car with options is not very easy.People tend to sell individual parts and when you need everything like in my case it's tough and time consuming . When i retrofited the puddle lights i needed a month to colect everything.My car is pre-facelift and i know some modules are rewired and incompatible .Doing fiddly stuff is my second name
As i said in reply u will need to do a bit off research and find out if ur car has the modules ( not door to support folding) once u have done that the door modules i mentioned are the ones u will need . Try ( wiganvagparts) on FB as they usually have the things u will need .

Ok i understand now .Now what modules do i need cental electronics/convinience or ?

Ok i understand now .Now what modules do i need cental electronics/convinience or ?
That i am not sure about as all mine where in my car already all i need was the folding mirrors and parts