SQ5 Audi SQ5 Extended Warranty

Leebroath

Reaction score
Hi guys,

What is everyone’s thoughts on Audi Extended Warranty plans?

Our mftr 3 year is coming to an end start of March, and we have the offer of paying £50 a month with them

This includes All Components, under 15k and with £0 excess, this would equate to around £90 normally per month.

Anyone suggest a good company other than Audi, or think we should stick with them knowing what costs could crop up?

If you’re going to get a warrant I would always go with Audi imo. They will cover things that many others wouldn’t ie they covered the exhaust speakers on mine when other count it as an exhaust so not covered.
Also had them sort a problem with AdBlue. The part was delayed and then not due in until 2 days after we were due in holiday for a week. They covered a hire car of my choice for the full holiday without any question, even apologised about the hastle.

Reactions: Dan_G and Leebroath
Yeh been reading up on 3rd party Cover and it’s not the best, with a lot of companies declining,

I may as well pay the little extra and have Audi cover for £55 a month

Can I ask if its monthly payments, do they credit check you, and if you cancel without any claims, you won’t be due them anything?

I have Audi Warranty and pay £35pm for it. Petrol version with a deductible of £250 iirc.

Seems like a good thing to do just in case….

Reactions: ntp
I’ve just taken this out, £55 a month on monthly payments with £0 excess, no credit check.
Worth it as diagnosis is £140 for the first hour and latest figures after that and for repairs are £200/hr is what I’ve been quoted.
A parking sensor replacement was £85 for part, £140 diag, and then £400 labour based on this info and what I’ve just had done. So something like that will cover you easily.
Also audi covers up to the cost of the car, other warranty’s wouldn’t cover the cost of a new gearbox or an engine so it’s peace of mind tbh.
I’ve already had a wheel bearing, parking sensor, rear speaker replaced, so it’s clearly at that age where things are starting to go wrong. It had the exhaust speakers done just before I’d bought it as well.

Ok folks I took the Audi Warranty for £55 a month within the last dying hour last night, then the next day it shot up to £105

I then read the Terms in the Documents regarding modifcations, and we have a Towbar fitted by a 3rd party in Aberdeen, not by Audi

Reading the below, would they cancel our Warranty due to the car being modified, as it's a 2020 SQ5 the guys had to swap over the rear bumpr bar for the Towbar section type, only reason I know is the original Audi bumber bar was sitting in my boot.

I don't want to pay £55 a month for the next 6 months and try to claim, then realise we can't because of the Towbar modification then Audi cancel the Warranty,
Anyone think this would crop up as an issue?

A lot of it is down to how your local dealer deals with the claim. If it is an issue to do with the towbar or electrics they would reject a claim.
I would speak to your local dealer, explain your concerns and maybe ask them to check over the tow bar and give it a clean bill of health.

I have a Miltek fitted and they are fine with that. Just no exhaust claims obviously.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leebroath
My car is now 3 years old, and I extended the warranty until April 2024, but can you keep extending it?

Or is there a limit of how many years

My car is now 3 years old, and I extended the warranty until April 2024, but can you keep extending it?

Or is there a limit of how many years
Our 2017 SQ5 is now 6-years old and we've NEVER had a warranty or a warranty issue!
Same with our 2011 RS3 now 12-years old and we've NEVER had a warranty or a warranty issue!
Same with our 2010 TT now 13-years old and we've NEVER had a warranty or a warranty issue!
Am I missing something :shrug:

Ttrs3

:friends:

Last edited:
I think it's just more peace of mind

One person could be lucky enough never to have any issues, .....when some may

Just noticed your Reg plates, I've been seeing these types more often with a heap of numbers at the start

Is this a special place you sourced these, because I can't find a way of doing them anywhere

Reactions: 45bvtc
I think it's just more peace of mind

One person could be lucky enough never to have any issues, .....when some may

Just noticed your Reg plates, I've been seeing these types more often with a heap of numbers at the start

Is this a special place you sourced these, because I can't find a way of doing them anywhere
Very true... :thumbs up:

Very true... :thumbs up:

Is there a special place you sourced these, because I can't find a way of doing them anywhere

Reactions: 45bvtc

Is there a special place you sourced these, because I can't find a way of doing them anywhere
Yes, we quite like the 4-number plus 1-letter registration plates. Had 'em for years and for sure have been a good investment £s wise

P1040921

You just gotta go scour the advertisements. Hope this helps.

EDIT: SEE here, lots of 'H' numbers: https://www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/number-plates/initial/h/

Here's 3380H (lotus Elan Sprint) and 6654H (MG Metro Turbo) back in 1993:
Dixie and Sprint 2

and back in 1972, SAY2 (Lotus Europa Twin Cam):
Europa 1972

Great fun... :racer:

Last edited:
You can extend it up until 100k miles I believe and 10 years? I’m in a 2015 and 60k miles and just extended mine. In the last year it’s had a rear inside speaker, front wheel bearing, drivers window mechanism, parking sensor, throttle body, so more than paid for itself (it came with the car bought second hand from audi).
I’m doing it for peace of mind as can budget £55 a month easily and not have to worry about finding thousands of stuff goes wrong badly (stronic box went on my old car and they wanted £13k for a new one…).
It should cover things that aren’t affected by your mods, but it’s the reason why I’ve only put a bodykit on and not mapping it like I normally have done in the past

Any experience claiming for suspension/ steering noise type stuff? On 92k 2015 Q5 and have paid for the Audi warranty since we acquired it in 2018 (no claims) - Just wondering if that kind of stuff is considered wear and tear? Dry/ worn bushes etc or worn shocks? York Audi are a nightmare to contact/ speak to about anything nowadays so thought it would be good to ask here for sensible input! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2015 69k miles front n/s lower control arm bushing was found to be worn during the last MOT and was replaced under Audi warranty.

Any experience claiming for suspension/ steering noise type stuff? On 92k 2015 Q5 and have paid for the Audi warranty since we acquired it in 2018 (no claims) - Just wondering if that kind of stuff is considered wear and tear? Dry/ worn bushes etc or worn shocks? York Audi are a nightmare to contact/ speak to about anything nowadays so thought it would be good to ask here for sensible input! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My shock found to be licking at MOT . It was fixed under extended warranty. Only one was changed though not the pair.