Please help - Intermittent fault with instrument cluster (2011 Audi A3 Sportback)

tonystark

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

This fault has been happening intermittently over the past month or so, but has since been happening more frequently than before.

Sometimes, when turning on the ignition, the glow plug, ABS, handbrake, ABS, airbag, and power steering warning lights are illuminated. A dEF code is displayed on the trip counter. I have tested some of the components, ABS, power steering, etc, and they all work as normal. There are no notable symptoms other than the warning lights mentioned.

I took the car to my mechanic to get it scanned and he gave me the code: 00003: 014 - Control Module Faulty. Unfortunately, I wasn't provided with any more context.

Has anyone had this fault before that can provide a solution? Battery is healthy and I have checked fuses. I have also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the instrument cluster, but to no avail.

Attachments

• IMG_5794.PNG
    IMG_5794.PNG
    6.3 MB · Views: 110
Sounds like cluster is faulty if battery is ok.

Could possibly send the clocks to us to do a swap over to another set, but it's not a cheap fix.

Man above is ur saving grace .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Sounds like cluster is faulty if battery is ok.

Could possibly send the clocks to us to do a swap over to another set, but it's not a cheap fix.
Can you provide a quote for this? Would you like me to message you privately?

There’s a firm in Dungannon who can fix this. I’ll get you their name tomorrow.