B9 s4 avant uprated suspension help

Spearo

Reaction score
So ever since I had the S4 I’ve been disappointed and dissatisfied with the suspension set up (I have adaptive). Too soft, too much body roll even in dynamic.
so 6 months ago I swapped for Vogtland springs - because they offered uprated spring rates and a marginal 15mm drop.
Now….. lowering was not the objective of this experiment!
Tbe job was a complete pita ! Ridiculous stuck front pinch bolts which needed hours of work to remove them and solid corroded rear camber bolts to go with them which required an angle grinder.
Upshot was I replaced all bolts and sorted the corroded lower rear spring perch at the same time !
Results were mixed - ride excellent! Much firmer but not too much for the dampers however tbe lowering was interesting- much much lower than the 15mm promised ( I’m in discussions with Vogtland about that ). Anyway I’m done with scraping over speed bumps grinding up rutted tracks- it’s time for another swap!
This time I want uprated ride quality but with stock or nominal drop !
im considering MSS adjustable springs which will keep stock height but cost £1000+. MSS is all about performance and less about looks ( from their blurb) and then there is the KW adjustable spring set at £750. I can’t find anything about ride quality enhancement over standard but read lots about lowering and looks.

can anyone give me any real world feedback on either of those sets of springs. Is there another better option , adjustable or not ?

excited to hear what others have done
Thanks

It's amazing for a B9 to have corroded already.

Reactions: spartacus 68
It's amazing for a B9 to have corroded already.
It’s 2017 model, so coming up for 6 years. Water, road salt and grit combine to make the perfect solution to destroy your underbody. Worth jet-washing it in the spring then Lanogard the whole lot.

Even for a 6 year old car, it's a stretch but of course depends on location, Scotland yeah but Wales, unless it's in the outback, but even cars of nearly 20 years old I've seen virtually no corrosion, surface rust maybe but nothing gone so to speak.

Reactions: spartacus 68