Any successful exhaust valve delete?

Why ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for custom exhaust options.
I seen you were testing out those exhaust valve delete/bypass plugs a while back.
When it gave you the error codes, did it leave any hard codes stored in the system? That could be detected from Audi at a later stage?

Looking for custom exhaust options.
I seen you were testing out those exhaust valve delete/bypass plugs a while back.
When it gave you the error codes, did it leave any hard codes stored in the system? That could be detected from Audi at a later stage?

If you unplug the valves it leaves errors I’m afraid.
You will then struggle to clear them unless you have VCP and a way to unlock SFD protection.

You will then struggle to clear them unless you have VCP and a way to unlock SFD protection.

More Audi 'scared sh+tless of anything emission related' cr*p, *** it's an exhaust valve, hardly crime of the century

Reactions: FLTHY and 8YARWY

Reason i was asking, here in South Africa they make custom exhausts 99% of the time instead of importing because of costing, and for the downpipes for RS3 8y they use a OBD automatic fault code clearer that stays plugged in to avoid limp mode and dash lights.
Do you think if you unbolt the exhaust valve servo motors, but leave it plugged in so the car still recognizes the motor working, and just tuck it in somewhere at the back. Then you can change the rear box to anything you want with the car still recognizing a servo motor being connected. Its an idea which im not sure will work.
Servo motor is part number: 8S0133246D
If you want to google for reference

Reactions: IanL-RS3
Reason i was asking, here in South Africa they make custom exhausts 99% of the time instead of importing because of costing, and for the downpipes for RS3 8y they use a OBD automatic fault code clearer that stays plugged in to avoid limp mode and dash lights.
Do you think if you unbolt the exhaust valve servo motors, but leave it plugged in so the car still recognizes the motor working, and just tuck it in somewhere at the back. Then you can change the rear box to anything you want with the car still recognizing a servo motor being connected. Its an idea which im not sure will work.

Can’t see why not.

Technically the motors are still operating.

The ECU doesn’t know they aren’t in the correct place.

for the downpipes for RS3 8y they use a OBD automatic fault code clearer that stays plugged in to avoid limp mode and dash lights.
This will clear adaptation too, sounds as a bad solution.

From what I understand the motor is looking for the increase in drawn current to detect when fully closed or open, when it doesnt see this, it flags up a fault. However I did read a while ago that someone attached the motor to a small fixture with stops perse that replicated the motor moving the flap as such, tucked it up out they way and all was good.