RS3 can no longer be ordered

Once his 7.2% rate has gone in November then the 10.9% will really affect people taking PCP’s out.

Gonna make owning / running an RS3 an expensive outlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is always thousands of folks that will mate buy/rent them at these rates Ford have been charging 10% most of this year on used cars said it before my sons dealership can;t sell enough cars and 70% of them are on a PCP No used/nearly new RS3 is worth over £65k or even less l was selling my own for £64k delivery miles but that ain't happening now lol
Hopefully the car will return in around 12 to 18 months with a lot of interior improvements .....it's interior being its Achilles Heal.....Audi have been so unprofessional from the get go with the car it has been a disaster= waiting times, FUBAR ordering system... Vanilla UK option list.....price hikes last December= Corporate Greed Then lastly they've the cheek to launch a RS Performance addition then a short time after announce this $hite
l ain't in the slightest bothered about not getting the car.... but it will really disappoint s lot of people

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Alan Oliver
Had exactly the same reply yesterday when I contacted my SE yesterday, however I then forwarded the email to the GSM and had a reply within the hour, I've had no issues with the 4 emails ive sent requesting updates in the last 7 months.... not all dealerships/SE are ignorant ******, just the few that give them a bad name I guess.
Yes i have already passed the sentiment on that the Dealerships I used for Parts etc on my S3 were mistakenly put aside to use my local "friendly" Dealer... LOL. I will try & speak to the New Car Sales Manager Tomorrow. I don't want them to have my deposit for a Second longer than necessary......

Reactions: Jassyo06
There is always thousands of folks that will mate buy/rent them at these rates Ford have been charging 10% most of this year on used cars said it before my sons dealership can;t sell enough cars and 70% of them are on a PCP No used/nearly new RS3 is worth over £65k or even less l was selling my own for £64k delivery miles but that ain't happening now lol
Hopefully the car will return in around 12 to 18 months with a lot of interior improvements .....it's interior being its Achilles Heal.....Audi have been so unprofessional from the get go with the car it has been a disaster= waiting times, FUBAR ordering system... Vanilla UK option list.....price hikes last December= Corporate Greed Then lastly they've the cheek to launch a RS Performance addition then a short time after announce this $hite
l ain't in the slightest bothered about not getting the car.... but it will really disappoint s lot of people
Lol bit of a difference in the monthly payment VS a Fiesta though.

Followed the build spreadsheet thread since day one and watched some bask in joy at finally getting in their cars to those in pain at being over a year into order and still not been notified a single bolt has been fitted... Gutting for you all.

Audi are jokers... Cancelling orders, announcing an RS performace is just another hard poll to swallow.

Those pinning hopes on a FL with all the options that are currently stripped off like interior packs etc I wouldn't hold your breath... Don't forget, every other market outside of UK already gets this and more.

Residuals on used will go through the roof for those lucky enough to get one, in deed it seems this is the case again. I put my RSQ3 8U in WBAC a week or so ago, 3 emails already saying price has increased from them yada yada... Here we go again!

Once his 7.2% rate has gone in November then the 10.9% will really affect people taking PCP’s out.

Gonna make owning / running an RS3 an expensive outlay.

Curious for those of us in the U.S. , what is a PCP? I am assuming some kind of loan?

Curious for those of us in the U.S. , what is a PCP? I am assuming some kind of loan?

Personal Contract Purchase. You pay a deposit and then a monthly for say 4 years. At the end of the 4 years you have a balloon payment to pay, if you don't want to, you hand the car back and walk away. Basically you can get into cars for a cheap monthly payment.

Personal Contract Purchase. You pay a deposit and then a monthly for say 4 years. At the end of the 4 years you have a balloon payment to pay, if you don't want to, you hand the car back and walk away. Basically you can get into cars for a cheap monthly payment.
@Joey Slats Thank you for the clarification. Here in the States we call that a lease. :icon thumright:

Hehe
@Joey Slats Thank you for the clarification. Here in the States we call that a lease. :icon thumright:

What's the average loan term for cars on finance over where you are for a car typically like the RS3? 6-10 year repayment terms? I'm sure Germany car loan terms of 10 years is not out of the ordinary if so, I can now see why these cars appear so obtainable to the average bloke there.

We can lease in the UK too, the difference being with a PCP you have the option to buy the car and it’s also registered in your name from the get go. Where as a lease remains registered to the finance company and there’s generally no option to purchase.

Hehe

What's the average loan term for cars on finance over where you are for a car typically like the RS3? 6-10 year repayment terms? I'm sure Germany car loan terms of 10 years is not out of the ordinary if so, I can now see why these cars appear so obtainable to the average bloke there.

Lol bit of a difference in the monthly payment VS a Fiesta yeah there s
Sure is why the VAG Groups APR 's on VW's and Audi's are off the scale is pure greed 6-9% on the Polo GTI its just going to push jobs out of the door if goes for a prolonged period

The PCP was actually originated in the US. Ford UK starting using it in the early 90's under the "Options" Banner iirc

Also the bad thing about PCP compared to HP that car salespeople ALWAYS skim over is that the interest for the loan is calculated over the ENTIRE vehicle amount and not simply the amount you are borrowing as with HP so the interest figures are normally give or take roughly double depending on loan term, mileage, etc etc.

This will only get compounded now interest rates are going up and up - the difference between the two payments will become more noticeable if manufacturers put them side by side like BMW do - MB and VAG normally try their hardest to hide the HP options though for some reason I don't understand (probably profit related).

PCP is the reason why Car manufacturers are so wealthy They're actually banks that trade in a currency known as motor vehicles hence why they've grown so much in the last 15/20 years....saturating the market with dozens of models in their line up's PCP is not a bad word it's a way of life for the majority of folks even Maclaren/Porsche etc etc buyers/renter's does'nt make much sense to buy a car cash when normally the prices drop like a stone out of a window especially very expensive cars

Reactions: FBF01 and DangerMouseUK
Also the bad thing about PCP compared to HP that car salespeople ALWAYS skim over is that the interest for the loan is calculated over the ENTIRE vehicle amount and not simply the amount you are borrowing as with HP so the interest figures are normally give or take roughly double depending on loan term, mileage, etc etc.

This will only get compounded now interest rates are going up and up - the difference between the two payments will become more noticeable if manufacturers put them side by side like BMW do - MB and VAG normally try their hardest to hide the HP options though for some reason I don't understand (probably profit related).
Plus PCP is perfectly in Tune with what Dealerships rely on, Which is "Churn"

The direct Comparison of repayments with standard Hire Purchase always looks better as with the above the Rate is promoted lower to encourage you down that Route & always on the assumption that you change your Car. Once you are on the PCP Bus it isn't easy to get off it.

Reactions: Jassyo06, DangerMouseUK and 8YARWY
We have, too, John.

Even keeping our 8PRS3, 8JTT, and 8RSQ5, we STILL have...

Some of us have worked for it (underground! and abroad) and paid 17.5% mortgage along the way. Never done PCP or HP whatever :yahoo:

View attachment 260545

ALWAYS cash £s purchases, ALWAYS! :friends:If we don't have the £s then we just DON'T!

Started with nothing and going out with nothing, hopefully.

Just don't waste it foolishly - especially on flash cars you can't afford - along the way!

Happy days, and days to come, maybe.

Past caring now mind...
:thumbs up:
My old dad said always buy your car with cash, if you don't have the money then that's the end of it.
PCP/HP and all rest are just another name for his old words of the "never- never" .

Reactions: vatdim, 45bvtc, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Yep it’s been pulled … not on the uk configurator anymore

• Haha
:thumbs up:
My old dad said always buy your car with cash, if you don't have the money then that's the end of it.
PCP/HP and all rest are just another name for his old words of the "never- never" .
Oh dear, you know you are risking the wrath of the mortgage comparison now........... :friends:

Yep it’s been pulled … not on the uk configurator anymore
Lol.........nah they simply moved it to FB......plenty for sale on there, as long as you like Green though.........:tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Spoke to my dealer yesterday, was told any cars still at status 00 are at risk of not being fulfilled, when at status 10 should be ok, thankfully mine is at status 10 now, actually brought forward to week 19 now too.

Sorry week 13. (End of March). Cannot believe people at status 00 are at risk of getting their orders pulled, that’s so not right ☹️

PCP is the reason why Car manufacturers are so wealthy They're actually banks that trade in a currency known as motor vehicles hence why they've grown so much in the last 15/20 years....saturating the market with dozens of models in their line up's PCP is not a bad word it's a way of life for the majority of folks even Maclaren/Porsche etc etc buyers/renter's does'nt make much sense to buy a car cash when normally the prices drop like a stone out of a window especially very expensive cars
My lad lives on a newish housing development, most houses are 3 -4 bedroom detached, most are v young families and obviously have quite large mortgages, but the cars parked up the driveways are so very different from when we were in the same situation in the 80's/90's, most cars are within a couple of years old and not bottom of the range either, there's also quite a sprinkling of 'RS' type cars there as well, inc an R8 and an Aston Martin Vantage

• Wow
Reactions: 8YARWY and Jassyo06
Sorry week 13. (End of March). Cannot believe people at status 00 are at risk of getting their orders pulled, that’s so not right ☹️
That is really bad if people get their car cancelled after waiting ages. Are they doing this to clear the back orders because they now realise that they need a clear orderbook for facelift late 2023/24? I would suggest the least Audi could do is put anyone left straight into a facelift car...but with price rises that'll never happen

Sorry to all the people on here still waiting and expecting a long wait into 2023.

Sorry week 13. (End of March). Cannot believe people at status 00 are at risk of getting their orders pulled, that’s so not right
Status 10 yet won't be built for 5 months? Seems odd.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

TX.

Never get a status 10 so far away from the cars actual build week only goes status 10.. 4 weeks before the given build week and thats straight from Audi themselves

My build week was 2023 12 a week before yours so it getting status 10 is out of question status 10 commences between 3-4 weeks prior to actual car going into production = November week 47 2022 approx

Seems dealer is wrong then and guess mines still at risk? He told me status 10 yesterday will call him again Monday.

Seems dealer is wrong then and guess mines still at risk? He told me status 10 yesterday will call him again Monday.
Id do that mate for confirmation as my car at the of this week had a build and now its gone

TX.
My build week was 2023 12 a week before yours so it getting status 10 is out of question status 10 commences between 3-4 weeks prior to actual car going into production = November week 47 2022 approx
Are you not mixing it up with Status 20?
I thought status 10 was estimated BW, which is what @j1sgo has got. Then goes to staus 20 (confirmed BW) 4 weeks prior to commencing build.

Reactions: j1sgo
Just checked back on my emails and mine is defo status 10 which hopefully means safe, It’s been so long I had forgot what status I am lol.

Can someone post up status 10, 20 etc and what they all mean?

TX.

Previously had this from my dealer but that was a few years ago so may have changed since

00 - Welcome
10 - Order Received
20 - Preperation
21 - Panel Shop
22 - Paint Shop
23 - Assembly
24 - Quality Control
30 - Your Audi has left Ingolstadt
38 - At Emden
39 - On the boat
40 - Ready for Transport to the dealer
60 - Left UK Port on the way to the dealer
70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your collection plans

Reactions: Terminator x and Jassyo06

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221029-170153_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221029-170153_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20221029-170132_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221029-170132_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: Terminator x and Frizzley
Audi's communication is ******* **** I feel compared to VW. They need to bring back the online tracker so we know where we stand with our build weeks because the sales twats/brokers are so unapproachable and you can tell they are ****** off they are constantly bombarded with build week/delivery questions.

And on each time I've contacted them they have been unhelpful stating that to contact the dealer I've purchased it from to get order updates.

Still have no build week, I want to know where I stand as I'm just getting angry as each week passes. They are a bunch of greedy c*nts

I tried to call yesterday as I mentioned the Guy I ordered through was off for 4 days. I went through the 1 for Sales, 2 for service etc switchboard and I kid you not I was waiting at least 4 minutes without anyone answering. At the very least I thought a receptionist may retrieve the call & take a message. That didn't even happen.

When i worked for a Franchised dealer iirc a performance measuring algorithm was within how many rings a call was answered.

Absolutely
Unilaterally
Definitively
Insipid

That sums up what i politely think of Audi and their "Working Practices" right now.....

The unpolite version? Think of a cross between Bill Hicks, Chubby Brown & Frankie Boyle Stand up Routine .......

• Haha
I tried to call yesterday as I mentioned the Guy I ordered through was off for 4 days. I went through the 1 for Sales, 2 for service etc switchboard and I kid you not I was waiting at least 4 minutes without anyone answering. At the very least I thought a receptionist may retrieve the call & take a message. That didn't even happen.

When i worked for a Franchised dealer iirc a performance measuring algorithm was within how many rings a call was answered.

Absolutely
Unilaterally
Definitively
Insipid

That sums up what i politely think of Audi and their "Working Practices" right now.....

The unpolite version? Think of a cross between Bill Hicks, Chubby Brown & Frankie Boyle Stand up Routine .......
I had a callback from the General Sales Manager this Afternoon. With all the usual excuses. Surely if they fancy a Career change a job in Politics Beckons......
Still as clear as Mud whether I am actually going to see my Order Built. Just want confirmation either way so if need be I can move on from this whole Sorry episode.

Reactions: Daggerit and Jassyo06
Maybe the wrong thread for those? People here are talking about not being able to get their hands on one, let alone complain about tyre temperature and pressures...

Reactions: Alan Oliver
Not sure if that's aimed at me, but yes, I just drive to Tesco...
View attachment 260679
TPMS would've been nice on the Autobahn on the limiter to be honest...
Aimed at no one other than me, sorry, just having a BAD day and venting! I love the RS3 package: closet thing to an Elan on the road for me, ever. Enjoy while you can. That's said I love the RS6/7 also, just different parameters. As with an SQ5. SO much fun, why complain!

Aimed at no one other than me, sorry, just having a BAD day and venting! I love the RS3 package: closet thing to an Elan on the road for me, ever. Enjoy while you can. That's said I love the RS6/7 also, just different parameters. As with an SQ5. SO much fun, why complain!
No worries, equally bad day here which is why I reacted!

No worries, equally bad day here which is why I reacted!
Thank you. Sorry. I do hope you are not in the same situation as me, I would not wish it on anyone.

• Sad
Reactions: RSt3ve