Audi SQ5 or S3 8V

RS4K

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the market to get back into an Audi S3 8V 5dr Sportback or an SQ5 8R.

Budget is max £20k for the right car with right options.

Thanks

Hi,

I am in the market to get back into an Audi S3 8V 5dr Sportback or an SQ5 8R.

Budget is max £20k for the right car with right options.

Thanks
SQ5 8R 100%

I rate ours more that our RS3, does more, lots more...

If you need Price and Specification Guide PM me

Reactions: Jcbmally and RS4K
yes please will PM you for that.

I sold my S3 as I was getting an Etron SUV and after that has gone back now i regret selling the S3. I have a 2nd child on the way so I am trying to balance performance with practicality

Would you know of any things to look out for and is the drive of the SQ5 decent or is it like a Q3 which is a bit boaty?

yes please will PM you for that.

I sold my S3 as I was getting an Etron SUV and after that has gone back now i regret selling the S3. I have a 2nd child on the way so I am trying to balance performance with practicality

Would you know of any things to look out for and is the drive of the SQ5 decent or is it like a Q3 which is a bit boaty?
As said in #2 above "I rate ours more that our RS3, does more, lots more..."

OK, I have changed the rear ARB and that made a noticeable difference to steering sharpness.
ARB snip 2

ARB snip

Lots more here on ASN: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...-and-counting-down-to-a-place-near-me.386559/

Reactions: Jcbmally and RS4K
Mind, done a quick run to Barmouth today in 'our' 2011 RS3, wow, what a machine.... :racer:

Barmouth RS3 18 10 2022

That looks like Nogaro blue? i did consider these at one point, are you in the market to sell perhaps
Cornflower blue, a one off.
See: https://www.dkeng.co.uk/Vehicle_Archive/219/audi_rs3.html
And still just 15250 miles from new, and NOT for sale, ever!!! I can promise you that!!!
But thank you for asking.
And parked at Barmouth today while I went to The Mermaid to collect fish-and-chips - second best only after the Magpie, Whitby.
But the run to Barmouth A458/A470is way better for me/us:

Barmouth RS3 2 18 10 2022 Barmouth RS3 1 18 10 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: AlS3BE and -Ju-
Not sure how to mark as found but I have now purchased an Audi S3. Thanks

Reactions: 45bvtc, Mr Freeze and -Ju-
Cornflower blue, a one off.
See: https://www.dkeng.co.uk/Vehicle_Archive/219/audi_rs3.html
And still just 15250 miles from new, and NOT for sale, ever!!! I can promise you that!!!
But thank you for asking.
And parked at Barmouth today while I went to The Mermaid to collect fish-and-chips - second best only after the Magpie, Whitby.
But the run to Barmouth A458/A470is way better for me/us:

Happy memories of a week a way with my dear old departed dad when I was a kid in Barmouth
We went there for a midweek break with my dad and sister and now cherish those memories! From pinching my sisters pudding while making her look the other way in the B&B, to my dad filleting and cooking fish in the car park (may be the same one your parked in!) I could have gipped lol.
Fitted the 034 rear arb on the RSQ3 a few weeks ago, turns out it's the same one as on your RS3!

Last edited:
Reactions: 45bvtc
Not sure how to mark as found but I have now purchased an Audi S3. Thanks
Congratulations, the S3 is a nice car and will feel a lot more modern than the SQ5......I'd have gone SQ5 though having had both, maybe that's just old age lol

• Haha
Reactions: 45bvtc
Congratulations, the S3 is a nice car and will feel a lot more modern than the SQ5......I'd have gone SQ5 though having had both, maybe that's just old age lol
Thanks, Its my second 8V S3 and i was set on an SQ5 but i could not find many in my price range that were ULEZ compliant so when this S3 popped up it was too nice to turn down. Funnily enough i think when i bought my first S3 i nearly bought your panther black one which was on sale at the same time

Not the best pics but best i have atm

need to start modifying now so will be on the hunt for various bits, need to start with a rear badge lol

Attachments

• 20221029_173056.jpg
    20221029_173056.jpg
    732.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20221029_173129.jpg
    20221029_173129.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20221029_173111.jpg
    20221029_173111.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Mr Freeze