Xenon match Sidelights

AlexRS3

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you all know if you are looking for a good sidelight to match your xenons/xenon look bulbs i have just got some good sidelights to match.

They are normal bulbs (not LED's seeing as our cars dont let us use them), i got them off Ebay from Autobulbs Direct and only cost £3.50. Pics below:

i am a ****! i just realised they are a site sponsor lol

(thought id leave the above comment instead of editing for a bit of friday night comedy!)

Alex2.0T - Did you have much trouble fitting the side lights?

I recently installed some of the Philips Xtreme 80% brighter bulds in my Sportback. I received some Philips Blue Vision side lights free with the bulbs and would like to install these as well. However they appear to be incredibly difficult to install as I can't get my hands far enough in to get a proper grip on the existing side lights. Also I'm a little worried I will not be able to put the new side lights in even if I do manage to pull the existing ones out!

i got some before but didnt work :( but the standard side lights are a bitch to take out - i had to use a screw driver to pry them off!

just ordered some there Alex - good job! :D

To be honest i didnt find it to bad changing them. I also got a screwdriver to just unclip the holder from the unit as it is clipped in then pulled it out. Took about 5-10 mins to do both.

Glad to be of help Boydie! (I was getting fed up of the yellow side lights compared to the Xenons).

Just need to find a fog light and main beam bulb now! (Anyone know what these are?)

These look cool, by looking at the pictures there not too blue looking..

Does the bulb look blue when its sat in the headlight?

Im after doing a full set of bulbs around the car, was thinking of..

Xenon matched sidelight bulbs
Silver indicator bulbs
Silver side indicator bulbs
Silver Rear indicator bulbs
Xenon look DRL - Not sure where abouts to get something like this???
6000k Philips Ultinon Xenon bulbs

Jonny

Has anyone seen the DRLs on an S5? They're stunning!

mitch78 said:
:iagree: like those on the R8

Not seen an R8 on the road yet, are they exactly the same? I think they're way cooler than angel eyes too.

Wonder if you can buy a strip of LEDs like that that you just stick inside your headlight unit!

staz1000 said:
Not seen an R8 on the road yet, are they exactly the same? I think they're way cooler than angel eyes too.

Wonder if you can buy a strip of LEDs like that that you just stick inside your headlight unit!

A chap on tsn has fitted the S6 lights to his A3 bumper, let me fish around and see if I can find the pic....

Regards, John.

Here you go...
1051057-DSC03238.jpg

1051058-DSC03240.jpg

It's growing on me too. I wonder how much the parts cost....Mmmmm...

Could you get that in the headlights instead of on the bumper/fog light area...?

jonnyc - yes the bulb is blue so looks blue but it doesnt really reflect around the lens like some bulbs do when they are not on. also you cant really see it anyway because of where the side light bulb sits in the unit (quite high up)

Has anyone changed the S3 DRL to match and give of a whiter light? If so what bulbs did they use.

my bulbs arrived this morning - will get them fitted asap

didnt expect the bulbs to be that blue in colour though lol

no no they look more like indicator or brakes bulbs!

but the side lights i got are the same colour though - lens wise!

but they look the same blue and fitment for the DRL's

Boydie said:
my bulbs arrived this morning - will get them fitted asap

didnt expect the bulbs to be that blue in colour though lol

yeah they are quite blue when they are not on. I guess this is to get a cleaner/whiter colour when they are on as they dont use LED's.

Did you manage to get them fitted?

JohnS3 said:
His name is kace2006. This is his thread on TSN. I asked how he got on but haven't see answer as yet. Maybe you can post some pics when you've had the spanners out this weekend??
Me with the spanners?? No I'm thinking about it for the S3 when I get it next year. Think maybe they're a bit too big for the A3. Would have to see it in person.

emzino said:
Could you get that in the headlights instead of on the bumper/fog light area...?

Here's a pic from OEMplus which shows the actual light units.

S6_LED_DRL.jpg

JohnS3 said:
Here's a pic from OEMplus which shows the actual light units.

Nice find! So I can actually install those into my headlamps... might do this instead of getting the kelvin angel eyes... I wonder how much it'll cost for the job

emzino said:
Nice find! So I can actually install those into my headlamps... might do this instead of getting the kelvin angel eyes... I wonder how much it'll cost for the job

Not sure about actually cutting them into the headlamps. If you got it wrong then it would be very expensive to replace your bi-xenon units. Perhaps get a duff lamp from a scrap yard and practice a bit first!!

thebears said:

I have these bulbs. Been running them for quite a while now, and they are perfect for the DRL's.

Only downside is they are blue when switched off, and when you switch to side-lights and xenons (at which point the DRL's go off automatically) the light from the main lights shines through the DRL bulb creating a blue reflection on the lower part of the lense system. This gives the appearance that you have those chavy true-blue LED's in!!

But I live with it, because when the DRL's are on now they look really white. I'm happy.

AL