Engine Noises

SlowS3

Reaction score
I have now had my car for 6 weeks, S3 Saloon 2021, purchased from Audi second hand and sitting at 12500 miles.
Before I book the car into Audi to get the following looked at I though I would ask the hive mind first, I have an aversion to sounding like an idiot.
  • The engine has become quite noisy under acceleration, this isn’t exhaust noise, just a gruffness that seems to have got louder since I bought the car. All fluids etc have been checked and are OK.
  • There is now an audible whistle coming from the engine, I can hear this both at a standstill revving the engine and also when I accelerate, but only with the window down.
Does anyone else have these “features” with theirs?
Thanks,
Dave

Hmm whistling could relate to the turbo but that would normally show itself under load and not idle.
Gruffness not sure as those engines are throaty as it is. Are you able to record and post a video of the sounds?

Thanks for the reply, pafcpilgrim.
The whistle is only under load, either stationary and pushing the accelerator, or under way.
I will look at doing a video, but I am bit old school and it may take some time :)

David