Virtual cockpit layout

shahaf2911

Reaction score
Ok so I’ve seen so maybe videos where they showcase the new RS display layout (where the RPMs go “down” which the press talked about negatively), but for some odd reason I don’t have it on my RS3 and wanted to check maybe my theory is correct.
As you can see in the added picture I got only 2 options for the display layout, the thing is I don’t have HUD in the car (shame it’s a prebuilt spec, not mine, long story), and I believe the new layout is only for cars with HUD as it might be really functional and easy to read with the HUD and not a bit weird just with the virtual cockpit.
So if you have a HUD and don’t have the new layout or you don’t have a HUD but do have the new layout I’d be happy to know as I’ll talk to audi cause i did want to try that layout (and just have the option haha)
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 9111B644-5BEA-484F-9294-D4F84583131F.jpeg
    9111B644-5BEA-484F-9294-D4F84583131F.jpeg
    929.4 KB · Views: 388
You're talking about the runway design, it should be there as I've seen other videos with both HUD and runway, didn't audi make a fuss about it on the RS3... you're not missing any thing really, poor design from Audi. Bring us the 8V2 centre display.

Check out Doug DeMuro latest vid if you can put up with him lol

Reactions: Lucasquattro and Daggerit
^^ Yep speed in middle revs around the edge. If it ain't broken don't fix it!

TX.

Reactions: Daggerit
Oh wow, that’s odd, the only big reason I’m gonna talk about it with the dealer is because If one feature is missing idk what else is! I’ll also check with 5 other 8Y RS3 owners (out of 6/7 in total) in my country to see if they’re also missing that display option.

Last edited:
Ok so I’ve seen so maybe videos where they showcase the new RS display layout (where the RPMs go “down” which the press talked about negatively), but for some odd reason I don’t have it on my RS3 and wanted to check maybe my theory is correct.
As you can see in the added picture I got only 2 options for the display layout, the thing is I don’t have HUD in the car (shame it’s a prebuilt spec, not mine, long story), and I believe the new layout is only for cars with HUD as it might be really functional and easy to read with the HUD and not a bit weird just with the virtual cockpit.
So if you have a HUD and don’t have the new layout or you don’t have a HUD but do have the new layout I’d be happy to know as I’ll talk to audi cause i did want to try that layout (and just have the option haha)
Thanks in advance
I thought the runway only comes on only when in RS-Mode.

Nah you can select runway for any more.

that is bizarre how it’s missing.

Reactions: Add_Profile
Ok things got even weirder, spoke to 5 owners and apparently non of our cars have this display layout, that’s so bizarre for them to decide to remove it from every car (all of which are threw the main Audi importer/dealer in the country) and no one knows why.

Ok things got even weirder, spoke to 5 owners and apparently non of our cars have this display layout, that’s so bizarre for them to decide to remove it from every car (all of which are threw the main Audi importer/dealer in the country) and no one knows why.

Taking shortage of parts to new levels……

I think there maybe a way to change this but you’d need VCDS to change variant setting in the 17 module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: shahaf2911 and Snake Pliskin

I think there maybe a way to change this but you’d need VCDS to change variant setting in the 17 module.

I was gonna say the same
Unbelievable!

What happens when you select RS Performance mode? Does it not change to that design?

I would suggest this is a software error if it isn't on your car and you contact Audi head office.

What happens when you select RS Performance mode? Does it not change to that design?

I would suggest this is a software error if it isn't on your car and you contact Audi head office.
All the 8Y RS3 owners stated They’re also missing the other display layout, once I go to RS mode you just get the regular one and there isn’t any option for the “new” one.

I don’t think it’s shortage as it’s just software which makes it more odd (for them to remove it). I will definitely ask the dealer about it just cause I wanna know what else is missing (if there is any).
And I do believe you’re correct on the VCDS part as I’ve already seen some apps give A3s the S/RS display so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

All the 8Y RS3 owners stated They’re also missing the other display layout, once I go to RS mode you just get the regular one and there isn’t any option for the “new” one.

I don’t think it’s shortage as it’s just software which makes it more odd (for them to remove it). I will definitely ask the dealer about it just cause I wanna know what else is missing (if there is any).
And I do believe you’re correct on the VCDS part as I’ve already seen some apps give A3s the S/RS display so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

When I get some time I’ll have a look with VCDS.

It’s possible that a region change has caused you to lose the Runway tachometer

Which country are you in ?

I have just selected the standard looking two dial layout and ticked a box within the MMI so it stays on that, cant be doing with the Hockey stick or the (imho) silly runway dash, and more so it changing when I select a different driving mode, the previous 8V layout would have been my prefered choice

You're talking about the runway design, it should be there as I've seen other videos with both HUD and runway, didn't audi make a fuss about it on the RS3... you're not missing any thing really, poor design from Audi. Bring us the 8V2 centre display.

Check out Doug DeMuro latest vid if you can put up with him lol

Why is he talking like that and I though Archie was excitable.

The smoking tire review shows the Audi drive select modes, and it looks like Audi removed ‘efficiency’ from USA cars
d85dfc0caf55b8234c8e2ce6016bcb79.png

• Haha
Reactions: Economist
The smoking tire review shows the Audi drive select modes, and it looks like Audi removed ‘efficiency’ from USA cars
d85dfc0caf55b8234c8e2ce6016bcb79.png

Yes but sound same.like.eu cars

I’ve had a look in 17 and 5F.

There are 64 variants in 17 that relate to the VC these only seem to have an effect on start up / shut down behaviour.

There are adaptions in 5F but nothing that relate to RS Rev counters.

What version is your MMI firmware ?

I’m suspecting it’s all related to country of delivery and the firmware flashed to the MMI unit / VC.

Reactions: shahaf2911
I’ve had a look in 17 and 5F.

There are 64 variants in 17 that relate to the VC these only seem to have an effect on start up / shut down behaviour.

There are adaptions in 5F but nothing that relate to RS Rev counters.

What version is your MMI firmware ?

I’m suspecting it’s all related to country of delivery and the firmware flashed to the MMI unit / VC.

I’ll look it up tomorrow, haven’t driven and got time to go check got an audit exam.
Thanks for the effort really appreciated!

Hello

i have a very similar question.
Car is 2021 RS7 C8 EU car, which does have the RS Runway option to be set under display setting, refer to picture of youtube where it's described to switch.
I believe it must be the 5F update necessary to do so, but just loud thinking.

Has anybody compared yet? It's only possible in RS3 2022 8Y models and which firmware versions.

thx

Attachments

• RS-Dashboard_Styles.png
    RS-Dashboard_Styles.png
    725.6 KB · Views: 173