Vorsprung v Carbon edition

Kev.k

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a RS3.

Was initially looking at vorsprung, but carbon edition seems like it might suit me better.

What would I be missing?

Thanks

The Vorsprung model only comes with the standard round wheel from what I'm aware, whilst the Carbon Black Edition gets you the flat-bottomed one. A small thing, but it's the main thing you see when driving it, so nice to be reminded you're in something a bit more special than a standard A3. The rims are also slightly different (Vorsprung has some silver and white decals on it, I believe) and there are a few differences in styling accessories. Either way though, you're getting a terrific car, it's just a case of figuring out which boxes you feel most need to be ticked

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kev.k
Weird the range topper doesn't get the carbon bits and flat bottom wheel.

Im guessing it might be hard to find and carbon car with the dynamic pack?

Reactions: Jsimba
It seems to vary - I picked mine up in January, which was a Carbon Black Edition with dynamic pack and there were a few on offer around the country. Speaking to the dealer (I travelled to the NW to get it), they seemed to have a few but mentioned demand fluctuating quite a bit, so stock levels can ebb and flow quite a lot as a result

Sounds like a great spec car.

I don’t understand who would sacrifice factory carbon and a flat bottom wheel for 360 camera and electric boot lid?

Who needs a 360 camera in a A3?

Reactions: Jsimba
Sounds like a great spec car.

I don’t understand who would sacrifice factory carbon and a flat bottom wheel for 360 camera and electric boot lid?

Who needs a 360 camera in a A3?

The RS3 never had the 360 cameras unfortunately.
It was a deleted option during the early chip shortages.

Sent from under the bridge…..

I would miss the sunroof with a carbon edition.

The spec of these cars is a bit frustrating.

Is adding oem carbon to a vorsprung horrifically expensive?

A few things you miss with the carbon versus Vorsprung. Off the top of my head: RS exhaust, adaptive suspension, sunroof, adaptive cruise, lane keep assist (not the standard one, this is the one that drives itself in lane), powered boot with kick to open and comfort pack.

There may be more but that’s what I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of buying a RS3.

Was initially looking at vorsprung, but carbon edition seems like it might suit me better.

What would I be missing?

Thanks
You'd miss the massive bus like steering wheel :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Kev.k
Weird the range topper doesn't get the carbon bits and flat bottom wheel.

Im guessing it might be hard to find and carbon car with the dynamic pack?
It's what I ordered then cancelled :(

TX.

Audi U.K. used to spec their cars so well. WTF happened?

Errrr… Covid, chip shortage and fact Audi don’t like the Uk much these days, so make ordering anything tailored to individual tastes impossible.

Reactions: Daggerit
I would miss the sunroof with a carbon edition.

The spec of these cars is a bit frustrating.

Is adding oem carbon to a vorsprung horrifically expensive?
I went with Vorsprung as I fancied the sunroof and didnt really want a stuck on rear spoiler, as much as I like Carbon fibre I didnt fancy returning to my car to find some AH had tried removing the carbon mirrors.

The Launch spec car would have worked for me, or, heavens forbid the idea that I could spec my car to my taste....................

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit
A few things you miss with the carbon versus Vorsprung. Off the top of my head: RS exhaust, adaptive suspension, sunroof, adaptive cruise, lane keep assist (not the standard one, this is the one that drives itself in lane), powered boot with kick to open and comfort pack.

There may be more but that’s what I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per the Audi website, the Carbon Black comes with the RS sport exhaust system

The configurator allows you to add the pan roof as an option to the FL Carbon Black, which would be my choice, but when the FL gets here is anybody's guess.

As per the Audi website, the Carbon Black comes with the RS sport exhaust system

The configurator allows you to add the pan roof as an option to the FL Carbon Black, which would be my choice, but when the FL gets here is anybody's guess.
You're right, not sure why I thought that...

A couple others that I think might be missing on the carbon black are the heads up display, advanced key and traffic sign recognition. Just going by an early breakdown I have so that may not be totally right.

Reactions: FBF01
Yep, no HUD (at least not on mine), but you do get the advanced key and speed sign recognition

Later this year I’ve seen.

Reactions: Daggerit and FBF01
I can’t find any pics of the FL. Is it a big change?

Any chance of the carbon buckets on U.K. cars?

I much prefer the A45s interior tbh. Seats let the rs3 down a bit.

I can’t find any pics of the FL. Is it a big change?

Any chance of the carbon buckets on U.K. cars?

I much prefer the A45s interior tbh. Seats let the rs3 down a bit.

Only under camouflage

Grill change / new lights.
Rear bumper redesign that looks like some of the honeycomb has been removed.

Interior more than likely same, gear nugget thing changed to a switch type thing now, Sonos providing the sound system.

A45s interior far nicer place, however it’s a highly strung 4 pot with not too great a gearbox by all accounts.

Buckets never make it to the Uk, even a 130k RS7 /6 performance doesn’t get them.

Will you be ordering the FL @8YARWY as you have owned all the previous models ?

Ooooo now let me think…….

giphy.gif

Insurance is ridiculous on these cars now.

Speaking to site sponsor AiB about a quote this week, lol, these cars are only going to get more expensive to insure because of stolen claims / scam claims etc, they told me.

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze
Insurance is ridiculous on everything now.

Not had a quote on a rs3 yet but I assumed it would be cheaper than £2200 for a M3 xdrive?

Not had a quote on a rs3 yet but I assumed it would be cheaper than £2200 for a M3 xdrive?

Moving from a FL 8V to the 8Y last month, I was quoted almost four times the price by one provider In the end, even with discounts (work in insurance) my premium went up about 30 per cent

• Wow
Reactions: 8YARWY
Guess I’ll get a quote before I buy one.

Didn’t give it a second thought as I assumed a rs3 would be cheaper insure.

Ooooo now let me think…….

giphy.gif

Insurance is ridiculous on these cars now.

Speaking to site sponsor AiB about a quote this week, lol, these cars are only going to get more expensive to insure because of stolen claims / scam claims etc, they told me.

John candy as Uncle buck a blast from the past .

Yep that's the downside to this type of car I suppose .

My 22 RS3 vorsprung insurance last year was £821 and I've just done my renewal for this year and got it for £864

Sent from my XQ-CT54 using Tapatalk

My 22 RS3 vorsprung insurance last year was £821 and I've just done my renewal for this year and got it for £864

My 8V was half that but I was annoyed that it was up by £100 from last year.

Guess I should be thankful the 8Y never floated my boat.

My 8V was half that but I was annoyed that it was up by £100 from last year.

Guess I should be thankful the 8Y never floated my boat.

Cheapest insurer for mine and the front runner at the moment is unbelievably…….Audi insurance

I have both cars and the house with Admiral. Renewal came in at £1800 so I checked just my car - £2600 was the very cheapest!

TX.

• Wow
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Cheapest insurer for mine and the front runner at the moment is unbelievably…….Audi insurance

I too found Audi Ins the best value, their quote for my new RS4 was almost the same as the NFU renewal for the RSQ3, best I could find.

Mike

My 23 plate polo insurance came in at £1400 last month up from £560. Took the kids off it and I got it for £280. ( Daughter had an accident in her own car )

Hoping the RS3 quote is as favorable. ( No kids on it of course )

Took the kids off it and I got it for £280
I had a similar hike on an old Fiesta I bought for my sons to learn in and use. Now one's living in London and the other is at uni so I switched it to my name and will use Veygo hourly PAYG insurance when they're here and they want to go somewhere!

Reactions: kayemill
Renewed yesterday with Audi insurance.

Speaking to the guy on the phone who said it’s underwritten by direct line who were one of the expensive ones I tried

Reactions: RS03??? and kayemill

Speaking to the guy on the phone who said it’s underwritten by direct line who were one of the expensive ones I tried

so what did it cost you in the end then mate ?

When I was getting Motorcycle quotes for my new bike EVERY tangible quote went back to the same under writter and they varied from mid £300 to £900

Audi insuranance gave me the next best quote. Daughter is with them now.

£728 mate.

ah right so not so bad as some of the quotes being mentioned.
Still high but tolerable.
I checked my old car on the comparison site and it came out around £600 ish.

Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.