Aftermarket Engine Mounts

Reaction score
Hello Chaps

I am helping a friend source some new Engine Mounts for his decade old 1.8T Big Turbo setup after the first revision BFI mounts gave up. See pic below

8kFKCYz.jpg

omklBbi.jpg

Of course, there are other brands nowadays but the main ones we're looking at are;

034 Motorsport
BFI
Vibra Technics

My friends setup is 400whp and around 400wtq. He's looking for something that'll last for years to come. Vibration is not an issue.

So far we're looking at;

034 Motorsport Track Sport Engine/Transmission mount (harder than the Street Sport version)
034-509-5031-1__62394.1611308578.jpg

BFI Stage 2 Engine Mounts (Green version)

EBFI77-K4-4512_4000x.progressive_STG2_NEW__37274.1605699390.jpg

Vibra Technics Engine Mounts Road Version
1368089153-24151_600x600.webp

Any recommendations on what we should go for? Anyone know about Vibra Technics?

I've been doing a little bit of reading on Vibra Technics and they seem to be a decent and good brand! But I've never heard of them before so please bear with me.

What do the modified guys and high HP guys run?

They're all more or less in the same price range.

All input is appreciated

Cheers
S.Pellegrino

Reactions: MPH
Hello Chaps

I am helping a friend source some new Engine Mounts for his decade old 1.8T Big Turbo setup after the first revision BFI mounts gave up. See pic below

8kFKCYz.jpg

omklBbi.jpg

Of course, there are other brands nowadays but the main ones we're looking at are;

034 Motorsport
BFI
Vibra Technics

My friends setup is 400whp and around 400wtq. He's looking for something that'll last for years to come. Vibration is not an issue.

So far we're looking at;

034 Motorsport Track Sport Engine/Transmission mount (harder than the Street Sport version)
034-509-5031-1__62394.1611308578.jpg

BFI Stage 2 Engine Mounts (Green version)

EBFI77-K4-4512_4000x.progressive_STG2_NEW__37274.1605699390.jpg

Vibra Technics Engine Mounts Road Version
1368089153-24151_600x600.webp

Any recommendations on what we should go for? Anyone know about Vibra Technics?

I've been doing a little bit of reading on Vibra Technics and they seem to be a decent and good brand! But I've never heard of them before so please bear with me.

What do the modified guys and high HP guys run?

They're all more or less in the same price range.

All input is appreciated

Cheers
S.Pellegrino
Vibra technics I have read good things about. Just my personal opinion.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Vibratechnics all the way, they are the go to for the majority of us here in the UK.

I’m running them in my big turbo build, you don’t notice any obvious vibrations and they’ll handle big torquey engines no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As MPH mentioned with the dogbone, yellow powerflex is the usual one to go for, I’ve got a ECS dogbone mount which seems to be holding up pretty well, only reason I’m using it is because came off a donor car of mine. However before that, powerflex yellow.

As MPH mentioned with the dogbone, yellow powerflex is the usual one to go for, I’ve got a ECS dogbone mount which seems to be holding up pretty well, only reason I’m using it is because came off a donor car of mine. However before that, powerflex yellow.

That's a nice dogbone!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: S3AMJ
Vibratechnics all the way, they are the go to for the majority of us here in the UK.

I’m running them in my big turbo build, you don’t notice any obvious vibrations and they’ll handle big torquey engines no problem.

Cheers.

Are they the Competition or Road version??