Audi A4 B7 Board Computer - No Nav CD

wwtr

Reaction score
When I turn my Audi A4 B7 on there is always message on board computer “NO NAV-CD and to switch to regular computer (ex. distance to empty) I have to click on “RESET” to get to menu and then click “RESET” again to select “MENU OFF” to get back to board. Is there a way to make Computer 1 (or Trip 1) a default one when I turn the car on because it’s irritating to double click on reset every damn time.
3B451786 6124 4D03 A64A A7C9DAD68FE4

This may sound obvious but have you tried leaving the nav disk in?
By default, the HU is looking for it.

If the nav disk is present and it's a new problem and/or it's been getting worse, it may be the laser is out of alignment .
Or maybe just in need of a clean, try using a cleaning disk.
It is not that uncommon a fault with these RNS-E units and nav DVD disks.

Ugh, I didn’t tried it, thought about it, but need to find CD somewhere in my room and I will try it as soon as possible

If the nav disk is present and it's a new problem and/or it's been getting worse, it may be the laser is out of alignment .
Or maybe just in need of a clean, try using a cleaning disk.
It is not that uncommon a fault with these RNS-E units and nav DVD disks.
There were no CDs in car, so not a CD laser problem. I will try inserting a NAV CD tomorrow morning and I will post an update if it will fix it. But if someone knows how to fix it the other way, it would be appreciated.

Can you show us a pic of the nav screen on the rns low?

I left Nav Disk in, and it just stays on that screen. But now it's not saying "NO NAV-CD". It first says "AUDI NAVIGATION" and then it shows my direction (N, E, W, S). No changes.
Can you show us a pic of the nav screen on the rns low?
Ugh, I can take a picture in the morning because I'm already now in my bed. I inserted NAV CD and on board computer screen changed (but it stayed on navigation menu) but on RNS it stayed the same. I clicked on NAV button and it displayed 2 options, but they were in German, and didn't have much time to translate it and search through it at the moment. Can I change language on RNS without CD? I tried changing it, but it won't let me do it, and I found on net that I have to insert CD with new language that I want.

I actually fixed it! I changed the language on RNS to English and then was searching through the menu. There I found option to reset all settings to default and I did it. It took like 30 seconds for RNS to reset everything and it works now. Previous owner probably set it for navigation to be default because he probably used it a lot (there was 2016. CD in it and car is from 2006)