bobby.jovel84

Reaction score
Hello,
I took my a3 to a shop and they flushed and refilled the system and did not get any results. They told me that it needs a new compressor and relay. I cannot pay for the job because I am leaving for vacation in 2 weeks and that would obliterate what I saved. They want like $2400, to make matters worse, they said its just a start because there's no guarantee that it would be the fix for me. Now I'm no dummy, and I feel if I could find the correct relay, replace and see if that fixes the issue, I def would. But there is nothing I can find online that shows me where the ac relay is located for a 2011 A3 TDI. Any help and or suggestions are welcome, I'm sure there is a post here about it but I'm honestly burnt out right now to look. I've been on what seems as an endless search today. Thank you in advance!

2400 bucks, urmmm I would go elsewhere.

Check the g65 pressure switch which is located on the driver front bottom corner of the condenser, this is a screw on, off, initially with a spanner, dont bend the piping undoing.

If the compressor magnetic clutch has gone, then yes could be this, but seems like they're trying there luck without actually diagnosing properly.

Reactions: bobby.jovel84
Thank you, I talked to them yesterday when I picked up the car, they told me it was not getting 12v at the compressor, and that they actually didn’t know where the relay was located. Tomorrow I will start more investigating starting with your suggestion. Thanks again bro!

They're kind dumb tbh if thats how they approach it

If its not getting power, why would they suggest new compressor without 1st making sure it is getting power.

Use another garage as they dont appear to know what they're doing by your reports.