Traction issues

umayr18

Reaction score
Okay so on my S3 8v 26k miles ive been having traction issues recently. Have changed the pump and also serviced the pump and had it re-learned and updated.
No fault codes are shown on scans however we found the back left caliper was seized and this is what made a big difference to the issue. However there is still some spinning on gear 1 and 2 and the car when launching just stays in one place spinning up.
i have been told its the tires, how likely is it to be tires causing the car to do this on launch? The rear tires are not the same brand and will be getting changed next, just looking for advice regarding this been trying to sort the launch for a month now. The car is stock

Does it spin up all four wheels? Or just the fronts?
Most likely a haldex issue

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk

Does it spin up all four wheels? Or just the fronts?
Most likely a haldex issue

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk
Its not just the front its like, when i try launching the car spins and the back end moves to the left and the vcds scan was showing the awd system is working. Last thing i want to do is change the back 2 tires to some expensive ones then it turns out its not even that

What tyres do you have and what tread depth?

Cheap tyres are called ditchfinders for a reason and Haldex gets upset when tread depths left to tight or front to back are more than 2mm different.

Note you have ruled out Haldex but a failed unit or blocked gauze rarely shows error codes unless it is totally dead.

Reactions: umayr18
What tyres do you have and what tread depth?

Cheap tyres are called ditchfinders for a reason and Haldex gets upset when tread depths left to tight or front to back are more than 2mm different.

Note you have ruled out Haldex but a failed unit or blocked gauze rarely shows error codes unless it is totally dead.
Theres potenza soo5 at the front for both 6mm and strangely one potenza soo1 at the back right and one continental sport 6 at the back left, they are both about 6mm too . Will the difference in the back two tires be causing this launch spin up from the back end that doesnt let the car move forward

Okay so on my S3 8v 26k miles ive been having traction issues recently. Have changed the pump and also serviced the pump and had it re-learned and updated.
No fault codes are shown on scans however we found the back left caliper was seized and this is what made a big difference to the issue. However there is still some spinning on gear 1 and 2 and the car when launching just stays in one place spinning up.
i have been told its the tires, how likely is it to be tires causing the car to do this on launch? The rear tires are not the same brand and will be getting changed next, just looking for advice regarding this been trying to sort the launch for a month now. The car is stock

I would say have a garage to look at ur haldex system mine was doing the same and turns out it was that not the tyres :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I've just had a bevel/transfer box failure on mine, in first and second gear mostly it would light the front tyres and show TC like crazy, Have you checked the pump learn values? This will tell you if the pump is working or if you are loosing pressure.

Renox