CJCB Temperature problems

Daveabuk

Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly the car is a 2014 2.0 TDIe 136bhp CJCB with 117k miles.

The car will not go past 75/76 with the heaters on. Unless I drive at 80mph. I have replaced the inline thermostat and the main thermostat with genuine parts from VW.

I have also tested the sensor using VCDS by comparing the coolant temp at the sensor and again at the radiator. (See below)

Can anyone please advise what to do next? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220302_153547.jpg
    20220302_153547.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 130
Hi Daveabuk, I seem to have the exact same problem with my 2013 A4 Avant CJCB engine. It’s done 147k. I’ve had it since 2016 and it used to always get to 90 degrees and stay there whatever the weather. So far I’ve changed the main engine thermostat but it hasn’t made much difference. Fuel economy at the moment is poor. Would love to know what’s actually going on.

Hi Daveabuk, I seem to have the exact same problem with my 2013 A4 Avant CJCB engine. It’s done 147k. I’ve had it since 2016 and it used to always get to 90 degrees and stay there whatever the weather. So far I’ve changed the main engine thermostat but it hasn’t made much difference. Fuel economy at the moment is poor. Would love to know what’s actually going on.

Hi Hudson. Did you change the secondary inline thermostat? Also, does yours reach temp with the heaters off? Finally, when was the last time it visited Audi?