Part ID

ninjag

Reaction score
Was doing my mid year and much needed oil change when I spotted this part lying loose on the undertray. I couldn't find anywhere where it would go and the number doesn't seem to return any results.

It looks like a small rubber mount of some sort, maybe like a radiator type mount which allows a little movement or something.

Does anyone know what it is please? The only work that has been done by a garage is the front belts, which is why I'm thinking radiator or intercooler.

Thanks

DSC 0415 copy 1152x648

Great, thanks for that. I think it was the dots in the part number which was screwing up my own search lol

I'll check both, although I suspect the coolant tank as this was the side it was sitting on (and jammed between the tray and body) down low.

Would either of these have been removed to put the bumper into service mode?

Great, thanks for that. I think it was the dots in the part number which was screwing up my own search lol

I'll check both, although I suspect the coolant tank as this was the side it was sitting on (and jammed between the tray and body) down low.

Would either of these have been removed to put the bumper into service mode?
The coolant tank would as the radiator slides forward so the coolant bottle comes with it.

I did my spark plugs at weekend which involves moving the coolant bottle and I’m 95% sure that’s what it is.

If it is, you’ll easily be able to tell. It’s held on with 2 10mm nuts on the top and the bung underneath and has next to no movement in it, if the bungs missing id imagine it’ll move about a fair bit if you waggle it

The coolant tank would as the radiator slides forward so the coolant bottle comes with it.

I did my spark plugs at weekend which involves moving the coolant bottle and I’m 95% sure that’s what it is.

If it is, you’ll easily be able to tell. It’s held on with 2 10mm nuts on the top and the bung underneath and has next to no movement in it, if the bungs missing id imagine it’ll move about a fair bit if you waggle it

Thanks, I mind having to move it as well when doing my spark plugs, but I then did an oil change 200 miles later so I would have spotted it on the undertray had it happened when I moved it. I think must have happened during the belts change and I do remember that they didn't start until late in the afternoon after me calling them up to get an ETA (which is annoying when they ask for the car to be handed in at the crack of dawn), so I suspect they rushed the job a little.

Looks like it was the airbox, I can just see the hole and missing grommet (centre of photo). Thanks.

DSC 0525

Reactions: cadguy77