Any suggestions? Horrible screeching noise after h&r sport springs.

BC306

Reaction score
Hey!

Today i took my car into a garage to have the original audi a3 s line springs swapped out for some H&R sport springs.

On the short drive back to my gf's I noticed a pretty back metal on metal screeching sound coming from the driver side front. Before getting under the car are there any suggestions as to what it could be? Springs not mounted correctly? Something has failed or not been put back together?

As you can see on the passenger side it sits really nice. Any clue as to what's gone wrong before I contact the garage tomorrow morning? (Don't have a decent trolly jack at her house)

Attachments

• 20220216_125328.jpg
    20220216_125328.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 107
  • 20220216_185612.jpg
    20220216_185612.jpg
    776.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20220216_185624.jpg
    20220216_185624.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 82
The pictures are the wheel arch gap on the front passenger side compared to the drivers side.

They have not installed those right, or failed to install one and lowered the other side.4
Why do you have 3 fingers on one side, but 1 finger on the other?

Whats the MM lowered springs? 30mm, 40mm ?

They have not installed those right, or failed to install one and lowered the other side.4
Why do you have 3 fingers on one side, but 1 finger on the other?

Whats the MM lowered springs? 30mm, 40mm ?
These are the H&R lowering springs, so 40mm on the standard a3, so 20mm lower than a s line or s3. All corners have been done but they havent done something correct on the driver side hence it being really low as that's where the metal on metal noise is coming from.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and politely ask them to fix their mistake.

I'm curious. As it has now surely been a polite call - how did you go?
I've found tools left jammed in places, spring compressors left attached, or suspension arms not bolted back in (or bolt in backwards). Each with it's own sound effect!

I'm curious. As it has now surely been a polite call - how did you go?
I've found tools left jammed in places, spring compressors left attached, or suspension arms not bolted back in (or bolt in backwards). Each with it's own sound effect!
Indeed a polite call was made.

had a chap come pick the car up. Apparently the spring wasn't sat correctly on the top strut mount on the front passenger side. Making that side sit high and the other lower. The metal screeching was the disk shield on the front driver side, not sure exactly what they had done with it.

They adjusted how the springs 4/5 times and now its driving perfect, a little harsh over pesky uk speed bumps but that's fine.