Those graphics on the RS3 Vorsprung Alloys

Mondie

Reaction score
I am going to see about ordering an RS3 tomorrow through the NHS discount scheme, and provided they can deliver before Christmas, will go ahead (otherwise it's an M240i). I would really like a Vorsprung but am not keen on these graphics, which on most colours just look naff. It's hard enough choosing a colour without these complicating it further.

Has anyone tried removing them? I would hope a bit of heat from a hairdryer would be enough to peel them off.

Cheers

1633679067534-png.244063

I am going to see about ordering an RS3 tomorrow through the NHS discount scheme, and provided they can deliver before Christmas, will go ahead (otherwise it's an M240i). I would really like a Vorsprung but am not keen on these graphics, which on most colours just look naff. It's hard enough choosing a colour without these complicating it further.

Has anyone tried removing them? I would hope a bit of heat from a hairdryer would be enough to peel them off.

Cheers

1633679067534-png.244063
Not seen any in person but I'd expect them to be under a layer of lacquer. If you really hate them I think it'll be a respray job.

Reactions: Alan Oliver, ZB1, Mike.46 and 3 others
Thanks Mb, I had not thought about them being under lacquer as the wheels appear to be a semi-matt finished. Perhaps they both me more than most. The only colour they seem to work on is black and only thenbecause a black RS3 is very black.

Thanks Mb, I had not thought about them being under lacquer as the wheels appear to be a semi-matt finished. Perhaps they both me more than most. The only colour they seem to work on is black and only thenbecause a black RS3 is very black.
LOL at before Christmas. More chance of Boris resigning.

• Wow
Reactions: Apache007 and Mondie
I suspect they're diamond-cut alloys so there's nothing to peel off, that's the metal exposed (under lacquer like mb127 said). Not seen these ones in person but that's how my R's ones, and others I've had, have been done. You would probably have to have the wheel sprayed to cover them up (and you'd still have whatever "shape" they are, physically).

Edit: squinting at the pic at the top of the thread I don't see the grooves from being diamond cut so maybe they are just stickers or paint, so you may have more luck with a respray to cover them up.

Reactions: Mondie
They are decals then covered with a lacquer/clear coat on top of a high gloss black paint..not a semi gloss wheel...l suggest you opt for a carbon Ed if you want the car for Xmas as lead times for a carbon maybe shorter and no decals to worry about

Reactions: Mike.46, Snake Pliskin, Detail Devil and 1 other person
That's not a bad idea on the Carbon Black, less cost and avoids the wheel garnish (just need to add a few options back in). I also gather that the CB model gets carbon spoiler/side skirts/mirrors, but the Vorsprung inexplicably loses these for black painted. I will see what they have to say tomorrow.

That bad, I may be out of luck then. It seems Audi is really struggling to make the RS3 in volume.

Reactions: Jassyo06
It is down to dealer and luck; I do think cars will speed up with builds as the year progresses but I am not sure you would get a car inside your Christmas deadline. Even pre-pandemic and silicon shortages an RS3 took 8 months from order to arrival for me - which would be October so there isn’t a lot of room for delays between then and Christmas.

That's not a bad idea on the Carbon Black, less cost and avoids the wheel garnish (just need to add a few options back in). I also gather that the CB model gets carbon spoiler/side skirts/mirrors, but the Vorsprung inexplicably loses these for black painted. I will see what they have to say tomorrow.

That bad, I may be out of luck then. It seems Audi is really struggling to make the RS3 in volume.
We have all been ableit "some hav'nt they've got lucky" given the worse case scenario a couple who have ordered in the last few months have given 2023 build weeks.....in summary it's a lottery when you get your car

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
We have all been ableit "some hav'nt they've got lucky" given the worse case scenario a couple who have ordered in the last few months have given 2023 build weeks.....in summary it's a lottery when you get your car
Omg so i might get 23 build date haha

BMW struggling too. People been waiting over a year for the 128ti.

The graphics will not be removable simply by peeling them off, nor are they diamond cut, the only thing that will remove some of them is either a good dose of paint stripper or a good kerbing...................both followed by an appointement at your local powder coating wheel refinisher

Mind you, a scoth brite, a roll of masking tape, Halfords rattle can and a well spent Sunday afternoon would sort them as well :)

Oh and as a PS: Congratulations to Audi, For the first time in a while you have designed quite a nice wheel, and then totally fu*k*d it with the go faster stick on graphics :)

• Haha
For the first time EVER when your nearst and dearest comes home full of apologies having just kerbed a wheel you can still give her a hard time about it, but secretly inside be smiling and thinking thank f**k for that, I can get all 4 refinished now :)

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Mondie
Oh and as a PS: Congratulations to Audi, For the first time in a while you have designed quite a nice wheel, and then totally fu*k*d it with the go faster stick on graphics :)
That's very true Mike, some of Audi's recent wheel designs have left me cold but they are great looking wheels. Why they felt the need to add this daft embellishment baffles me.

Reactions: Mike.46
That's very true Mike, some of Audi's recent wheel designs have left me cold but they are great looking wheels. Why they felt the need to add this daft embellishment baffles me.
Agree they do look nice as a design, why they added those stickers is a joke but that’s Audi UK as a Vorsprung is a UK build. I think I will get mine done in a satin black once they get damaged, so probably after the first time the wife drives.

• Haha
Reactions: RS03???, Snake Pliskin, kormilo1950 and 2 others
Vorsprung models tend to get very nice expensive looking alloy wheels throughout the entire model line ups but you have to realise this is a model in the A3 range

Reactions: Mike.46 and Snake Pliskin
BMW struggling too. People been waiting over a year for the 128ti.

For whatever reason, the 128ti as you say has been badly hit, but not so with other models. M lites and full M’s not as delayed it seems.

For the first time EVER when your nearst and dearest comes home full of apologies having just kerbed a wheel you can still give her a hard time about it, but secretly inside be smiling and thinking thank f**k for that, I can get all 4 refinished now :)

pmsl :tearsofjoy:

Agree they do look nice as a design, why they added those stickers is a joke but that’s Audi UK as a Vorsprung is a UK build. I think I will get mine done in a satin black once they get damaged, so probably after the first time the wife drives.
Does not have to be the wife to kerb the wheel. I've done it, slipping on black ice.

For whatever reason, the 128ti as you say has been badly hit, but not so with other models. M lites and full M’s not as delayed it seems.
The 135 has a long wait too although not as bad as the 128ti I don't think. Maybe just the one series. Joe Achilles only waiting around 3-4 months for his M3 xdrive

I wonder if the 1 series being slow is a result of delays in Germany that are less of an issue in Mexico or perhaps, BMW is prioritising higher value sales to maximise short term profit.

Unfortunately, it looks like Boris may have some competition. Audi Forces Direct is saying the official wait time is 12 months regardless of trim level, and they want a £500 deposit to order, but won't refund the deposit unless it has been 12 months plus 60 days. That is quite daft.

We will place an order for an M240i tomorrow which is on a six-month lead time and we can cancel anytime for a refund. That's what I would have expected from Audi.

Reactions: NevMan
I wonder if the 1 series being slow is a result of delays in Germany that are less of an issue in Mexico or perhaps, BMW is prioritising higher value sales to maximise short term profit.

Unfortunately, it looks like Boris may have some competition. Audi Forces Direct is saying the official wait time is 12 months regardless of trim level, and they want a £500 deposit to order, but won't refund the deposit unless it has been 12 months plus 60 days. That is quite daft.

We will place an order for an M240i tomorrow which is on a six-month lead time and we can cancel anytime for a refund. That's what I would have expected from Audi.
I went through Motor Source Group (MSG) that actually has a website almost identical so I don't know if they're part of the same company or not. But I paid a £190 fee and £300 deposit at the time of signing the paperwork and the deposit is refundable if I want. I think that the prices are the same too so you could always give them a shout to see what they're saying so you don't miss out if you're wanting an RS3 still.

Reactions: NevMan and Mondie
I just checked, MSG was the website I enquired through. perhaps they have tightened up their deposit conditions. Business must be good, or they are just bluffing.

Reactions: Daggerit
I just checked, MSG was the website I enquired through. perhaps they have tightened up their deposit conditions. Business must be good, or they are just bluffing.
Fair enough! Don't know what the deal is, maybe they had a lot of people bailing out due to long lead times and got left with penalties from the dealerships or something? Who knows. Still, I think it's better than some of the deposit stories I've heard where people are being told they have to put down three figure deposits with potentially no refunds...

Just back to topic, I took the wheels off today to clean all the odd crap that Audi seemed to have got on the inside and copper slip the locating ring so I can get them off in 12 months time,

In the picture below you can see what looks like overspray semi circle half way between the parrellel part of the spoke and the inside of the Y part, every spoke/every wheel is the same, it must be the start of the sticker/transfer

Wheel sticker

Just back to topic, I took the wheels off today to clean all the odd crap that Audi seemed to have got on the inside and copper slip the locating ring so I can get them off in 12 months time,

In the picture below you can see what looks like overspray semi circle half way between the parrellel part of the spoke and the inside of the Y part, every spoke/every wheel is the same, it must be the start of the sticker/transfer

View attachment 251729
They scraxh like.crazy

View attachment 251729

Wow they scratched already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dealer washing probably caused some of the marks. They really don't care about using proper washing techniques.
Yes , I did bot notice when collected and whole car need 1 stage minimum anyway

Reactions: RSt3ve
Yes , I did bot notice when collected and whole car need 1 stage minimum anyway
Yeah, mine is the same, they didn't prep it but you can see where the protective covers have caused minor swirls flapping about in the wind.