New to Audis and looking for advice on upgrading

Prld935

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the forum and new to audi customisation. I have a 2015 A3 with the 2.0T. I always told myself I would not mess with the car until I paid it off and that day is approaching quickly. I have always upgraded and tinkered with all my vehicles and want to with this car as well. The last car I messed with was my 93 Honda Prelude and jumping from that to this feels a bit overwhelming. My general style in the past was always exhaust and intake, then suspension and such, then possibly some body and wheels/tires. This doesnt feels like it would be exactly the same for this car due to how much electronics there are and I'm not sure if I should go this route. So what I'm looking for is some advice of where to start and look at going from there. Places and things to read up on about the car and also the best places to buy from and the companies to look into buying parts from and who to stay away from.

Thanks for in advanced for all the help. I appreciate it.

Hi and welcome aboard. Depends how far you want to go with the car but best bang for buck would be a stage 1 remap from a reputable tuner. Me personally I would advise you do your homework and use somewhere that offers live mapping on a rolling road who will health check before and after mapping. A remap on an other wise stock 2.0T will offer you lots of smiles per mile before you go down other roads of tuning such are exhaust, suspension etc. Have you considered any retrofit options if there's anything you fancy on your car that you don't already have to enhance it as it's not all about hunting for power these days unless that's at the top of your wish list :icon thumright:

Reactions: Prld935
Thanks for the welcomes.

I have been looking at remaps (if that means flashing the ecu) and that was one of things I was trying to figure out. Everything I was seeing made it seem like the place to start. I want to start with the motor because the engine just feels......restricted I guess is the right word. It feels as if there's so much more wanting to come out hidden in there. I think I'd like to hit a round the 300 to 350 mark. Iirc the car comes around the 250 factory. After that I would like to look at some retrofits if that means interior and exterior work to make the car more mine. I'm not exactly sure where to look at that kind if stuff though. I'm sure this forum has some things though. Is there some easy place I can look up and research the tuners other then a general Google search?

Hello all,

New to the forum and new to audi customisation. I have a 2015 A3 with the 2.0T. I always told myself I would not mess with the car until I paid it off and that day is approaching quickly. I have always upgraded and tinkered with all my vehicles and want to with this car as well. The last car I messed with was my 93 Honda Prelude and jumping from that to this feels a bit overwhelming. My general style in the past was always exhaust and intake, then suspension and such, then possibly some body and wheels/tires. This doesnt feels like it would be exactly the same for this car due to how much electronics there are and I'm not sure if I should go this route. So what I'm looking for is some advice of where to start and look at going from there. Places and things to read up on about the car and also the best places to buy from and the companies to look into buying parts from and who to stay away from.

Thanks for in advanced for all the help. I appreciate it.
Hi
Yeah we all say that, no no I am not gonna spend on it. Next month 5 moods planned. New brake disks, new pads, upgraded rear brakes to S3 vented
Upgraded headlights, added side skirts, upgraded to 19'' wheels, remap 1 done.
Money pit :D

Reactions: Prld935
:sign welcome:
You are in the right place if you want to read about looking after and modding your Audi.
Stay O.E. thats the best route - we are posh here and call it retrofitting.