New remote pcb needed

sheffieldyorky

Reaction score
Hi there Guys and Gals
Does anybody know where in the U.K I can get a new remote PCB without going to the dealership, who will want to charge me more than the car is worth.
The reason why I am at this stage is the "red LED" is not flashing and if you press the following
1)LOCK no LED flash
2)UNLOCK no LED flash
3)Tailgate no LED flash but tailgate opens
4)If the vehicle is locked I insert key turn it and I'm in
5)If I double press for the passenger door it opens

In all the above five operations I can hear the actuators working and my door indicator mirrors flash once/twice whatever.

I have measured the fob battery 3.2v

The reason why I want to obtain a new PCB is I am beginning to feel that the PCB is on its last legs.

Sometimes I can press unlock and I'm in.

Every time I press lock it locks.

Every time Press tailgate it works

>

Does anybody know of a firm in the U.K that provides these or can undertake a test and repair.

Tony

Personally if you’re sure it’s the remote then I’d just get a used one from eBay and either code or find someone local to code it for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a Facebook account
Here you go
7308d02a0494987a69a4498e789e35a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity what shape is your remote? If it’s the original rectangle one without the chrome bar on it then I’m pretty sure the new remotes are available at a reasonable price. It gets silly money if you need a new blade and transponder and stuff

Just out of curiosity what shape is your remote? If it’s the original rectangle one without the chrome bar on it then I’m pretty sure the new remotes are available at a reasonable price. It gets silly money if you need a new blade and transponder and stuff

Hi there
In answer to your question please see the three attached images
Kind regards
Tony
Key 1
Key 2
Key 4

Yeah you either need a second hand one or a new one it’s not the type I was thinking about.

I use eBay as a benchmark can you see a particular key on there that will suit my vehicle
A3 8P1 [2003 - 2012] 1.9Tdi 3 door hatchback 2009 plate
If I order the wrong key it will get messy if you know what I mean.
So if you could supply an eBay item number or a link that would be ideal.
I can then get Craig to program it.
Tony