S3 PDC bracket grille

kosterific

Reaction score
I bought a S3 FL grille with PDC. The 2 brackets are broken and need to be replaced. If I check the parts catalog on catcar.info you can see the bracket (3) but there is no part number listed. Can anyone help me?

I used the standard Audi A3 mounts purchased off Amazon DE but then had to heavily modify them as they were nothing like the back of the grill, it took some time but I have ended up with the O. E. look.
If you need me to I will check through my Amazon DE account and see if I can get any more info
Centre sensor in position

just looked at the photo, you can make out the part number, just search it on Amazon DE.

Just had a quick look, this is the Audi one - not necessarily exactly for the front grill, as I said I couldn't buy the correct one and had to modify them extensively to make them fit correctly, the centre section holders are completely different than any of the others

Front centre section sensor fitted, from the back
Front centre nearside sensor mounted
Front centre section sensor from the front
Grill sensor in
Sensor is sprayed with Audi Titan granit Metallic with a Halfords satin lacquer which was mixed by BBS (Beyond surface solutions) who were brilliant.

Grill sensor paint AU8AU   11 L8AU

Here is a close up of the actual bracket fitted this one is an 8V4 919 291

before
Front centre inner PDC bumper markings
You can see I have had to drill 2 holes in the holder and make 2 slots at the connector end to make it fit the bumper mountings, the 'face of the bracket and the rear of the bumper were then 'flatted' with coarse emery paper until the sensor was perfectly flush with the front of the grill, If I were to do it again I would use my newly acquired plastic' 'melting' skills learned when changing the drivers arm rest for power folding mirrors, and melt the 2 round locating lugs like rivets after gluing to hold it even tighter, as that's what I now realise they look as though they were intended for.
Note this holder has a '2' on it. the holders are moulded at slightly different angles depending where they are fitted on the bumper, i.e. on a corner (angled) or in the centre (flat)

An angled bracket
Angled sensor mount
I will have a 'rummage' and look if I saved any more info when I was trying to understand this.

If you do paint any sensors here is the spec and how I achieved it, I used the sensor cutter to cut 2 holes in a small piece of plastic and then placed the sensors behind it with no seal this leaves enough space for the paint to fully cover the corners but not the base of the sensor body, again the paint I used was Audi Titan granit metallic mixed by BSS with satin lacquer. PDC system operates perfectly.
PDC sensor paint spec Slam panel  bolts and sensors in paint

The pins and washers are the ones off the top of my slam panel which were starting to look untidy, they now match the slam panel and are almost invisible.
Front grill bolts refitted s

hope this helps.

Thanks for your help! I could not find the brackets on Amazon so I ordered some other holders. Will show the finished result when they arrive!
Thanks again for your elaborate explanation.