Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covering all bases get ye ....wouldn't it be ironic that us who are willing to wait out for a year almost get build dates before the Desperados lol

Definitely funny but bitter-sweet for everyone. Haha. I really just want to see some actual customer cars arriving, it seems like people have been teased with statuses and build dates but nothing actually delivered yet.

LE cars that weren’t actual customer orders aside. And I’m glad some folk actually got into them too, and not at ridiculous prices either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
Definitely funny but bitter-sweet for everyone. Haha. I really just want to see some actual customer cars arriving, it seems like people have been teased with statuses and build dates but nothing actually delivered yet.

LE cars that weren’t actual customer orders aside. And I’m glad some folk actually got into them too, and not at ridiculous prices either.

I see it differently they're being very naive expectations too high as Semi conductor Machines/tools are waiting on chips to make the chips for the automotive industry worldwide ....l want MY RS3 NOW.. FOMO

Zzzzzzzzzzzz…….

Lol what are you going to actually say that’s not been said 10’s of times in the last few months.

Maybe a little unfair but I get your point, maybe some gennuine 'living with the RS3' and not just raving about 0-100kph and drift modes would be nice now?

no one has even turned the music on as far as I am aware?

Because that’s when I told them was the earliest I’d take delivery.

I told them week 16 was ok, and then it went week 8 which I thought was perfect for a March/april delivery and now week 49 which I'm guessing if the chip shop stays open should land at dealer end of January?

They said they would keep it until March when they thought it was being build week 16, not sure they will have it sitting there for two months though?

Difficult times, I can hardly say I dont want it?

Maybe a little unfair but I get your point, maybe some gennuine 'living with the RS3' and not just raving about 0-100kph and drift modes would be nice now?

no one has even turned the music on as far as I am aware?

Lol oh look it’s B&O / Sonos. That’s enough of that, let’s just listen to the 5 pot symphony instead.

I’m sorry but all the major “YouTuber” free loaders had done the RS3 now, next up will be the ‘I’ve Dyno’d the RS3 and it’s not what Audi say it is’

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Lol oh look it’s B&O / Sonos. That’s enough of that, let’s just listen to the 5 pot symphony instead.

I’m sorry but all the major “YouTuber” free loaders had done the RS3 now, next up will be the ‘I’ve Dyno’d the RS3 and it’s not what Audi say it is’

Dyno'd Pmsl

Reactions: 8YARWY
Lol oh dear.

Strange how it keeps being reduced

2d0eb18dfad3bc07faddfc497889f4a8.png

• Haha
Reactions: billymc92, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 1 other person
Lol oh dear.

Surprised a high profile you tuber hasn't snatched this up even with the extra 20k on the price.
They would get some serious views doing a few drag races against different cars

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Surprised a high profile you tuber hasn't snatched this up even with the extra 20k on the price.

Yeah plenty of them talking nonsense.
When it comes down to it they seem to have short arms/deep pockets

Maybe a ‘sponsor’ like why o why foods could help out

• Haha
Reactions: CarterRS

@Spinstorm, one for you? Can seriously up your subs, and then buy your saloon cash

Reactions: Jassyo06

Well dont watch it then, How easy was that?

Oh my word

Launched my car tonight for the first time, 600 miles in I couldn’t resist. The in-car timer said 3.4 seconds, how true that is who knows but wow it’s fast :laughing:

Reactions: Frankel, ZB1, Jcbmally and 6 others
Well dont watch it then, How easy was that?

You have to wade thru the dross to find the ones that have anything meaningful to say, and aren’t just out for clickbait by recycling earlier videos / info that’s already out there.

Reactions: johnmv55
I see it differently they're being very naive expectations too high as Semi conductor Machines/tools are waiting on chips to make the chips for the automotive industry worldwide ....l want MY RS3 NOW.. FOMO

Fomo? Nope. Vader just wants his car that was “built” 12 weeks ago….

I see it the same as being in a restaurant and I can see my food on the hatch but no one is bringing it to me

luckily my car isn’t getting cold but I’ve sure got the hanger!!!!

Reactions: RS3ree, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Lol oh dear.

Look like it's stuck so far up his ar...................................

He got it wrong, asked far too much being greedy and is now moving it around and reducing it, but, same pictures and number plate showing, I think you tend to get one chance at flipping it, once people see it and get the wrong, or the correct impression of the seller it will hang around a while

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and 3vans
Got info on my car yesterday gone from unconfirmed build week 49 to status zero
Not in any mad rush as got something else supposedly coming January anyhow but for those talking about second hand prices continuing to fall I agree with Jassy that they will climb post Xmas as these issues aint going away.

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Fomo? Nope. Vader just wants his car that was “built” 12 weeks ago….

I see it the same as being in a restaurant and I can see my food on the hatch but no one is bringing it to me

luckily my car isn’t getting cold but I’ve sure got the hanger!!!!
Surely it couldn't have be built 3 months ago?
Or If it is True there must thousands of car awaiting module's
And if that is the case where are they holding up....? Gotta be parked up outside

Reactions: Jcbmally
When ordering new cars, what little things do you ask your dealer to do for you? I'll start:

I ask them to stick the reg on as opposed to screwing it through the grill/bumper.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
When ordering new cars, what little things do you ask your dealer to do for you? I'll start:

I ask them to stick the reg on as opposed to screwing it through the grill/bumper.

I’m going to be asking the same thing. Actually, I’ll be asking for the car to be untouched, so keep all the protective plastic on it and plates just put in the boot for delivery on the trailer. That way my detailed can be the first to touch the paint…

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, RSt3ve and 1 other person
I’m going to be asking the same thing. Actually, I’ll be asking for the car to be untouched, so keep all the protective plastic on it and plates just put in the boot for delivery on the trailer. That way my detailed can be the first to touch the paint…

My sales exec knows how particular I am with the paint and knows that it goes to get ceramic coated straight away too and they've always been extremely careful. I usually put Audi Sport plate holders on so would hate for the holes to be wonky. I get the detailer to do it lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
My sales exec knows how particular I am with the paint and knows that it goes to get ceramic coated straight away too and they've always been extremely careful. I usually put Audi Sport plate holders on so would hate for the holes to be wonky. I get the detailer to do it lol

I’ve never used the dealer that this car is coming from before so not taking my chances. Plus there’s really no reason for them to remove the plastic and stuff if they’re doing no prep on it, so really just saves them a job so they should be happy to do it that way.

Reactions: HulkRS3
I’ve never used the dealer that this car is coming from before so not taking my chances. Plus there’s really no reason for them to remove the plastic and stuff if they’re doing no prep on it, so really just saves them a job so they should be happy to do it that way.

Quite right. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Daggerit

My pet hate is mis-aligned number plates and those horrible screw covers. I always have my plates stuck on, the only bad experience I had was way back when i collected a new 328i and within two miles of the showroom the front plate went straight over the bonnet before hitting a chap walking his dog straight in the face, I was doing 60mph ish and returned to the scene for fear of him a) him being hurt and b) he had my reg number... :scared2:. Anyway, he took up matters with Scothall BMW in Leeds.

• Wow
Reactions: HulkRS3
My pet hate is mis-aligned number plates and those horrible screw covers. I always have my plates stuck on, the only bad experience I had was way back when i collected a new 328i and within two miles of the showroom the front plate went straight over the bonnet before hitting a chap walking his dog straight in the face, I was doing 60mph ish and returned to the scene for fear of him a) him being hurt and b) he had my reg number... :scared2:. Anyway, he took up matters with Scothall BMW in Leeds.
Oh wow!!

I used to go overkill with the sticky pads in fear of this exact thing happening! Thankfully they're not on long now with pads as I say its just until the dealer can screw the plate holders on. Could do it myself but the car is usually with him within days of delivery so I just leave it to him.

Not washing, wiping or touching the paintwork is all I normally ask, but in this instance I reckon I'll confirm number plate fitting requirements. They did a goodish job on my S3 but rear plate was off level by a 5mm or so. Stands out a mile in my mind.

I was lucky enough to be able to detail my 370z at the dealers including removing the wrappers but doubt they'll entertain this.

Unsure about leaving the wrapping on though as I'd worry about anything being hidden underneath and getting into a dispute over when damage occurred.

Not washing, wiping or touching the paintwork is all I normally ask, but in this instance I reckon I'll confirm number plate fitting requirements. They did a goodish job on my S3 but rear plate was off level by a 5mm or so. Stands out a mile in my mind.

I was lucky enough to be able to detail my 370z at the dealers including removing the wrappers but doubt they'll entertain this.

Unsure about leaving the wrapping on though as I'd worry about anything being hidden underneath and getting into a dispute over when damage occurred.
I did ask with my first S3 and they said no as there's no come back if the car is damaged underneath it like you say. They try not wash it if it's not too bad from transportation but also refused to not wash it for the same reason. Dirt can hide a lot.

Reactions: RSt3ve
I did ask with my first S3 and they said no as there's no come back if the car is damaged underneath it like you say. They try not wash it if it's not too bad from transportation but also refused to not wash it for the same reason. Dirt can hide a lot.
Yeah, it's a tricky one. I still find it crazy that they polish the metalwork with ostrich feathers, go through countless quality checks, then let a vehicle washer slap a mucky sponge on it and scratch it to high heaven with his or her watch, belt or zip. Mind boggling.

I just wish they'd offer external detailing options. I remember a few years back Autobrite had a set up with Stoke Audi (think it was Audi) where they prepped cars but not seen it offered recently.

Madddd

Attachments

• DF02CC16-9453-4260-A9D2-D5CF1D689910.png
    DF02CC16-9453-4260-A9D2-D5CF1D689910.png
    7 MB · Views: 125
Reactions: Daggerit
Status
Not open for further replies.