Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Those front wheels are not as wide as the originals, originals are 9J front 8J rear, looks like the extra 1 inch is all, or nearly all on the outside, the one in the pic looks a bit silly tbh

Colour looks good though on both the pic and the RSQ3, makes me wonder..........I've ordered Tango but keep looking at both Kyalami and Daytona

the post on the hatch mentions they’ve just fitted winter wheels so that probably explains the different size & colour

Reactions: johnmv55 and Daggerit

Correct mate, this is the nearest S3 - I posted it a while ago. But it’s got silver wheels and badges etc.
I personally much prefer Daytona with all the black. That’s really what I was showing.
The dash on the S3 is more like we will see but not the seats. The RSQ3 is the first Nappa seats I’ve seen with plain black stitching.

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Correct mate, this is the nearest S3 - I posted it a while ago. But it’s got silver wheels and badges etc.
I personally much prefer Daytona with all the black. That’s really what I was showing.
The dash on the S3 is more like we will see but not the seats. The RSQ3 is the first Nappa seats I’ve seen with plain black stitching.

I hadn't noticed the seat stitching but having just re-watched it still looks effective - all down to the honeycomb design.
It would look nicer with contrast stitch, but as I have mentioned before, it aint happening and its something that won't bother me.

Reactions: 3vans, Daggerit and NevMan
The plain black seats with no contrast stitching =very dark Audi Interior ....no likey

Reactions: Mr Freeze
The plain black seats with no contrast stitching =very dark Audi Interior ....no likey

Lets be honest though - you don't see the drivers seat, as you're sat on it.
You don't see the rear seats, as your facing forward in the front.
That leaves just the passenger seat to look at :)
I will miss it on the steering wheel and door arms though.

Lets be honest though - you don't see the drivers seat, as you're sat on it.
You don't see the rear seats, as your facing forward in the front.
That leaves just the passenger seat to look at :)
I will miss it on the steering wheel and door arms though.
It's The times when you open the drivers door...l always like to admire the seats and interior before l plank my **** in it lol

The Floret silver Rs7 l saw a couple of months ago had a black on black interior and it look uneventful to say the least
But l just think Audi are short changing the car in the uk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, UncleRick and Snake Pliskin
It's The times when you open the drivers door...l always like to admire the seats and interior before l plank my **** in it lol

The Floret silver Rs7 l saw a couple of months ago had a black on black interior and it look uneventful to say the least
But l just think Audi are short changing the car in the uk

I do wonder if we will ever see contrast options though ?
Have Audi taken this step to simplify things during the current climate, or will it be a permanent restriction ?
& why have they targeted just the UK market with this restriction ?
Will full customisation be re-introduced at some point in the future or is it to be blamed WLTP and then it is driven by the UK itself.

Have Audi taken this step to simplify things during the current climate, or will it be a permanent restriction ?
Will full customisation be re-introduced at some point in the future or is it to be blamed WLTP and then it is driven by the UK itself.
WLTP is a worldwide requirement so I don't see how it can be used to target the UK market. The only thing I can think of is that they don't want to have a separate RHD dash for the design pack, since we appear to be the only place with the new RS3 available that is also RHD (from my quick check of various Audi sites from other RHD countries) . Seats and steering wheels would be the same parts I'd imagine, and I'd be happy to have them and not the dash changes in a design pack.

Is it too simplistic to point the finger of blame towards brexit?

May also be a factor for why some other countries (Poland for example) have already started to see early 8y rs3 but we are apparently further down the pecking order…?

Might be easiest for Audi to simply not offer certain elements to the uk market rather than navigate additional red tape that applies to us that’s different to eu countries perhaps?

WLTP is a worldwide requirement so I don't see how it can be used to target the UK market. The only thing I can think of is that they don't want to have a separate RHD dash for the design pack, since we appear to be the only place with the new RS3 available that is also RHD (from my quick check of various Audi sites from other RHD countries) . Seats and steering wheels would be the same parts I'd imagine, and I'd be happy to have them and not the dash changes in a design pack.
Is it too simplistic to point the finger of blame towards brexit?

May also be a factor for why some other countries (Poland for example) have already started to see early 8y rs3 but we are apparently further down the pecking order…?

Might be easiest for Audi to simply not offer certain elements to the uk market rather than navigate additional red tape that applies to us that’s different to eu countries perhaps?
Both valid points.
I guess time will tell - but with lengthy delays I can't see the situation changing (if at all) for quite some time.
Looks like the UK will have RS3-lite for the foreseeable future, possibly permanently.

Reactions: Daggerit
The red highlights in the dashboard are not as is your face as you'd think...in reality they are more subtle and are actually painted inserts not plastic...my S3 8v had the Red design pack and the vents were of a satin finish paint

Same with my TT it has the blue design pack also a satin painted finish is used these little touches make the interior that little more interesting and personal

Reactions: Mr Freeze
The red highlights in the dashboard are not as is your face as you'd think...in reality they are more subtle and are actually painted inserts not plastic...my S3 8v had the Red design pack and the vents were of a satin finish paint

Same with my TT it has the blue design pack also a satin painted finish is used these little touches make the interior that little more interesting and personal
That's fair enough, I was just meaning that I imagine they're 'handed' parts which would mean that our RHD market is tiny and not worth the effort. I could be wrong though.

Both valid points.
I guess time will tell - but with lengthy delays I can't see the situation changing (if at all) for quite some time.
Looks like the UK will have RS3-lite for the foreseeable future, possibly permanently.
It doesn't take much to Insert a vent in the dashboard nor fit a seat cover on to a seat...l think we are over thinking the reasons trying to say it's this or that...is the cause they will l am 100% sure be added to the configurator...when ....? Nobody's got a crystal ball

It doesn't take much to Insert a vent in the dashboard nor fit a seat cover on to a seat...l think we are over thinking the reasons trying to say it's this or that...is the cause they will l am 100% sure be added to the configurator...when ....? Nobody's got a crystal ball

Facelift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
I agree with the seats and steering wheel because nothing on them is RHD/LHD specific. But the vents look like they might be, which would make the manufacturing not worthwhile for the tiny number needed for the UK only.

I think its the fact they have done it in the first place mate, as you say, these are all small things and hardly labour intensive.
No different applying a personal paint choice really.
That is what makes me wonder if / when we will see these options feature ... maybe the facelift as @T-1000 says :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: 8YARWY
Facelift

That's more the case mate

Last winter l surfed the internet looking for oled rear tail lights plus a few other things for the TT and you'd be surprised at what you can buy off ebay...you actually separately buy the full interior blue design pack for the TTRS ....Seat covers,seat belt reels,steering wheel,vents,gear stick the only item that l couldn't find was the blue stitched arm rest

Reactions: 8YARWY
I think its the fact they have done it in the first place mate, as you say, these are all small things and hardly labour intensive.
No different applying a personal paint choice really.
That is what makes me wonder if / when we will see these options feature ... maybe the facelift as @T-1000 says :tearsofjoy:

I think any major power hike is gonna be on the FL, they’ve done the minimum required to get the 0-60 better than the competition and that is what they would be aiming to better.

Won’t be long either I bet as I only had the the PFL 18 months before I bought the FL 8V.

The 8Y been out now for over 12 months so I’d imagine they announce a FL in 2023 which when you think about it, ain’t too far off.

Pretty much ties into the 8V release cycles. 1st A3 8V in 2013 then RS3 in 2015
1st A3 8Y in 2020 then RS3 in 2022 (by the time any meaningful orders delivered)

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
I think any major power hike is gonna be on the FL, they’ve done the minimum required to get the 0-60 better than the competition and that is what they would be aiming to better.

Won’t be long either I bet as I only had the the PFL 18 months before I bought the FL 8V.

The 8Y been out now for over 12 months so I’d imagine they announce a FL in 2023 which when you think about it, ain’t too far off.

Pretty much ties into the 8V release cycles. 1st A3 8V in 2013 then RS3 in 2015
1st A3 8Y in 2020 then RS3 in 2022 (by the time any meaningful orders delivered)

My long term plan is to get a face lift with exclusive colour and that should be a long term keeper ... and possibly the last 2.5 litre RS3 we will see :(

**** me that does like panic buying

Don't get ya ?

As @T-1000 said - he only had his pre-FL 18 months and then got a face lift ... the same could easily happen again with the 8Y.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
He'll just no get the petrol to run...em lol

Where do you think the tankers have all been going this last week.
Snake Industries filling station

Reactions: Jassyo06
Where do you think the tankers have all been going this last week.
Snake Industries filling station

No shortage in our area ;)

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
Don't get ya ?

As @T-1000 said - he only had his pre-FL 18 months and then got a face lift ... the same could easily happen again with the 8Y.

If things stay the way they are, likely to be able to sell 8Y for what you bought it for or more, and order a FL, but then 24 month wait for it

Reactions: 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Don't get ya ?

Thats something to consider I didn't realise the gap was only 18 months between pre/facelift cars

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
If things stay the way they are, likely to be able to sell 8Y for what you bought it for or more, and order a FL, but then 24 month wait for it
Thats something to consider I didn't realise the gap was only 18 months between pre/facelift cars

yeah I don’t think there will be a huge gap ... 24 months max. So 2 years or so with a pre-fl and then they can take as long as they want building a face lift to my exact spec & colour :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
Rs3 Vorsprung Saloon ordered tonight via Turkey and coast2coast cars TTS will be sold when l get home

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: pburv, 3vans, Rs31981 and 4 others
Rs3 Vorsprung Saloon ordered tonight via Turkey and coast2coast cars TTS will be sold when l get home

ha ha you caved lol :tearsofjoy: :icon thumright:
You going exclusive colour ?
Could be a loooooong wait for a vorsprung ... more so if exclusive ... unless you’ve gone white ;)

Reactions: pburv and NevMan

Ps: that’s didn’t take much holiday thinking time ... how many days in to reach that decision lol :)

ha ha you caved lol :tearsofjoy: :icon thumright:
You going exclusive colour ?
Could be a loooooong wait for a vorsprung ... more so if exclusive ... unless you’ve gone white ;)
Exclusive paint included

Reactions: pburv, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Exclusive paint included

Ill not ask you what colour as you’ll want to keep it quiet for a while no doubt ... unless you’re still pondering a colour of course

Reactions: NevMan
Ill not ask you what colour as you’ll want to keep it quiet for a while no doubt ... unless you’re still pondering a colour of course

Porsche Riviera Blue?

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Status
Not open for further replies.