R8

Jampublic

Taking it easy..
Reaction score
Had to say something, a friend just popped round to our office in his new R8! We spent the last few months discussing this day and when it was due, and now it has arrived!!

I spent what seemed to be a good hour waiting for him to arrive, like an excited school child pacing and waiting at the door!

Any way went for a quick drive in it, and truly a great car with amazing sound track!!

I am sure you have all seen one, but I hadn't yet! On TV's 5th gear of course, with Tiff ragging the **** out of it!

Here are a few snaps, thanks Zak for making me his first point of call to show off!

I will post a video, if they are any good! And I will see if I can get him to the next meet, if he is free then it shouldn't be hard to get him there!!

Are there any do's & don'ts I should be aware of, before I posted a video!!

'hows the brakes?

aaaaaaaaaaw, yEEEEEEEEEaaaaaa!'

you sounded excited jammy

that said, should he be running it in still? or are they all run in from the factory on a test bed? being hand built and all....

Randomjim said:
Cool vid, shouldn't he be running it in?

Yeah he is limited to 7000 revs at the moment, but he seemed to pass that on a few occasions!! opps..

Prawn said:
'hows the brakes?

aaaaaaaaaaw, yEEEEEEEEEaaaaaa!'

you sounded excited jammy

that said, should he be running it in still? or are they all run in from the factory on a test bed? being hand built and all....

Err maybe we have been talking about the arrival of his car for months now, of course I was will impressed!

Lucky for me he coming back later in the week when its dry and I get to drive!!!!!!!!!

S3IZZO said:
Stuff the R8, more pics of the van please!

The Vans

They are flithy at the moment, bug jam was a bit wet at the weekend as you might imagine! Rain rain & some more rain!

Enjoy

He gets spotted too! What did you think ed? It stands out from the crowd abit!!

Guess i'm the only one who thinks the R8 is uuuuuugly!!!!

I'd prefer the van tbh

Well just got back from driving the R8, rather than passenger! Getting a lift is one is fun, but driving it oh yeah alot more fun!

Went for a good half hour drive and then down the pub for some refreshments. And I hate to say I was shaking, no idea why but I was really shaking after. There plenty of pressure on when I drove out of the pub car park, don't stall it or reverse it in to anything!! There are now a few people at that establishment under the wrong impression who owns the car! he he

So much fun! Rumour has it he thinking of coming to the VAG night at Ace Cafe this month, so see if we get a good turn out of Audi's this month! Or just the 2 of us

Still grinning!

Lucky man, stunning motor

Is it picky to say I think it would look better without the R8 badge on the back? Destroys the symmetry....

nivagh said:
Is it picky to say I think it would look better without the R8 badge on the back? Destroys the symmetry....

Well when you buy one, have it debadged! he he

That matt black T4 is gorgeous mate... What make is the front bumper and where can i get one?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…