A4 b7 2.0 tdi clutch switch replacement

steven b 92

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Couple of days ago my cruise control stopped working, I checked with vcds and the clutch switch was faulty.
I got a new switch from the main dealer and installed it. The problem is that my car now over revs when pressing the clutch but the cruise control is now working as it should.

Have I installed it wrong or is there anything else that could lead to the over rev when pressing the clutch to change gear.

It didn't over rev when the cruise control wasn't working only since I changed the switch.

Thanks

I would just double check that the switch is fitted correctly. I changed mine a while ago as it was rev hanging when changimg gear, although my CC still worked. Anyway it solved the issue staright away in my case.

I think theres a throttle position learning sequence yoy could try too

I would just double check that the switch is fitted correctly. I changed mine a while ago as it was rev hanging when changimg gear, although my CC still worked. Anyway it solved the issue staright away in my case.

I think theres a throttle position learning sequence yoy could try too
The cc only worked for 2 days so I'm presuming I damaged it installing or it was a faulty switch from the get go. I'll just pick up another one and be extra vigilant with the install. Thanks for the reply

Reactions: AvantAlexB7