8P Related Youtube Channel... with many problems

matimcfetridge

Reaction score
Evening all!

Some may or may not have come across my channel on YouTube but I have recently taken on a little a3 project, its not a bad base to start from (170hp/black ed/s-line etc) but am going to be documenting a load of work to it ranging from how to’s / common problems / modifications and everything in between !

https://www.youtube.com/user/matimcfetridge?sub_confirmation=1

Would be massively appreciated if you could spare 10 seconds to go give the channel a subscribe and feel free to get involved with some video ideas or anything you want to add!

To give you an idea of whats to come I have already done a common problems and a de-wiper video but will be filming some things like dynamic indicators/wheel refurbs/4 wheel alignment/grills etc very shortly and also some videos on basic maintenance for people that aren’t confident working on their cars.

Some of the problems I have with the car and would appreciate help with are:

- coil light flashing due to exhaust gas temps too high (p242a)
-EML light on due to mass or volume air flow malfuction (P0100)
-oil level/temp sensor intermittent (p159d)

- rear bumper in a bad way, after an s3 bumper for 3dr in Phantom black
- need discs and pads, what sets are people buying?
- can you fit fan washer jets to these cars?
- what lowering springs give the best drop on sline cars
-What spacers are people running with standard ‘le mans’ alloys?

please feel free to get involved, show me some of your cars, all advice appreciated and love how active this forum is compared to others

Cheers!

Yes you can fit fan washer jets.

give the maf a clean and clear code to see if it returns. Only use maf cleaner.

discs I used brembo.

as for the springs I used h&r. Drop is up to how low you want to go.

This part of the forum is active because the 8P is the best all round car what doesn’t cost an arm and leg :D

Flash coil and EML is result of DPF beyond normal regen range requiring a force regen via laptop which could be another topic