A3/S3 delivery lead time?

Yeah I think I will for sure!

Changing from a 18 plate S3 but the fully loaded spec will really complete it for me
I had an 18 plate S3 black edition before my Vorsprung.
You're spot on about about the Vorsprung spec, its great to get a car with all the options ticked!

Reactions: Dbrett25 and tomascott
I've been given a provisional collection date for Friday 27th Oct for my new S3 Saloon Vorsprung.

Got the build complete email Saturday 30th Sept - salesman will move the collection date forward if it arrives earlier as it should have been in transit for 10 days or so now.
Saturday 28th (provisional) for my S3 Sportback Black Edition. Got the build complete email on Monday 25th Sept.

Just hope the 360 camera from the Tech Pack Pro is fitted. It was missing from the (brand new, unregistered) dealer stock that I drove - hence I didn't buy.
Seems there was a batch built without it, they offered to reduce the price by £500.

Fortunately I was able to jump onto an amendable order that I've been assured(!) will include the 360 camera.
So for me, looks like it will be just under 2 months for the whole process if the timelines stay as they are now.

Reactions: Dbrett25 and tomascott
My a3 40 tfsi e was due to be built last week. Latest update was given on Friday so hopefully was build over the weekend (lease company are always a little slow to update so not chased it yet).

Assuming it was built, how long should I expect it to take to arrive at the UK dealer? Lease company estimates early December but that seems a little long based on what I’ve seen here.

My a3 40 tfsi e was due to be built last week. Latest update was given on Friday so hopefully was build over the weekend (lease company are always a little slow to update so not chased it yet).

Assuming it was built, how long should I expect it to take to arrive at the UK dealer? Lease company estimates early December but that seems a little long based on what I’ve seen here.
My understanding is it takes around 2-3 weeks for the car to be built, and from the date of your build week until collection at the dealer is between 6-10 weeks, so December sounds about right.

Reactions: E_6267773

My build date is still 30th October and leaseplan said it’s still on track but dealership said it’s still not locked in yet. I’m half expecting mine to be moved. But my delivery date is 31st jan

My build date is still 30th October and leaseplan said it’s still on track but dealership said it’s still not locked in yet. I’m half expecting mine to be moved. But my delivery date is 31st jan
Have you checked with the dealer recently? It gets locked in 4 weeks in advance according to my dealer at Leeds Audi. My build week was last week 9th Oct and I was told it was locked in a few weeks prior.

Reactions: Dbrett25
Have you checked with the dealer recently? It gets locked in 4 weeks in advance according to my dealer at Leeds Audi. My build week was last week 9th Oct and I was told it was locked in a few weeks prior.
Yeah I rang last week and then emailed again today and she’s told me it’s still not confirmed. Mines through Leeds Audi as well. She said she can’t tell me anything more until it’s either confirmed or moved

I've spoken to my dealer today (Company Car Order) and have been given a build week of 44/2023. Do Audi build weeks correspond with ISO week number? If so that's in 2 weeks time. I'd been given an initial delivery date of March 2023.

Edit: Dealer confirmed Build week 44 is first week in November. They also said to check in a couple of weeks to ensure it's not changed so mine doesn't seem 'locked in' either.

Last edited:
I've spoken to my dealer today (Company Car Order) and have been given a build week of 44/2023. Do Audi build weeks correspond with ISO week number? If so that's in 2 weeks time. I'd been given an initial delivery date of March 2023.

Edit: Dealer confirmed Build week 44 is first week in November. They also said to check in a couple of weeks to ensure it's not changed so mine doesn't seem 'locked in' either.
Yeah my build week is supposed to be 44 too. Hopefully ours will be be on the line together! when did you originally order? As march 2023 was a while ago!

Reactions: mdex
Yeah my build week is supposed to be 44 too. Hopefully ours will be be on the line together! when did you originally order? As march 2023 was a while ago!
Sorry typo! Initial delivery date was March 2024! I ordered late July, funder/dealer accepted middle of August.

If build is Week 44, conservative estimate of 10-12 weeks from then until delivery means it could be here early Feb 2024, a month early.

I don't think I'll be that lucky though.

Sorry typo! Initial delivery date was March 2024! I ordered late July, funder/dealer accepted middle of August.

If build is Week 44, conservative estimate of 10-12 weeks from then until delivery means it could be here early Feb 2024, a month early.

I don't think I'll be that lucky though.
Makes sense, I ordered May 2023 but they’ve gave me a delivery date of January, and the dealer explained that it’s later because of the Christmas break etc, so maybe you will be in luck

Reactions: mdex
Makes sense, I ordered May 2023 but they’ve gave me a delivery date of January, and the dealer explained that it’s later because of the Christmas break etc, so maybe you will be in luck
Fingers crossed when I check with dealer in a couple of weeks that the build went ahead and delivery date has changed too.

I’m collecting mine on weds :) I might have to sell my current car afterwards instead of trading it in as it needs fixing first. What is the best car selling company? I have a wbac local to me but they’ll knock me down loads. Is there any better ones?

Reactions: Rc1938
Guessing you've not had any update on this mate? You got any plans to check in with the dealer at some point to make sure it actually happened?

Guessing you've not had any update on this mate? You got any plans to check in with the dealer at some point to make sure it actually happened?
Yeah emailed her on Monday, was told it's still locked in and build has started. She's away now until 1st Nov and said she'll email me the latest when she's back. I expect by 1st Nov it will be fully built.

Reactions: JJINANAUDI
Hi, hoping someone can give me some advice, i ordered an A3 e S line in January 23, current estimated delivery date is 13th of November. I've emailed the dealer directly to see if there is any update and/or a vin number. They have said that there is no vin number as it hasn't left the factory yet but that its still on track for delivery mid-november. I've not had an email or any notification that it's been built.

Anyone have any experience with this? i would have thought that if it was due for delivery in under 4 weeks it would have been locked in by now?

Hi, hoping someone can give me some advice, i ordered an A3 e S line in January 23, current estimated delivery date is 13th of November. I've emailed the dealer directly to see if there is any update and/or a vin number. They have said that there is no vin number as it hasn't left the factory yet but that its still on track for delivery mid-november. I've not had an email or any notification that it's been built.

Anyone have any experience with this? i would have thought that if it was due for delivery in under 4 weeks it would have been locked in by now?
I was able to obtain a VIN number from my dealer once l’d been notified by Audi UK that my car had finished being built!

Quick update on this, had confirmation that it was built last week and is currently in transit(not sure when it left the factory as had to chase a few times before getting a response).

Not sure if it’ll speed up delivery but thought I’d share in case anyone was wondering how long it’s taking them to build and start moving the vehicles.

Reactions: Dbrett25 and EventualA3
Quick update on this, had confirmation that it was built last week and is currently in transit(not sure when it left the factory as had to chase a few times before getting a response).

Not sure if it’ll speed up delivery but thought I’d share in case anyone was wondering how long it’s taking them to build and start moving the vehicles.
That’s good news, as of Monday mines still not locked in but haven’t bothered chasing again this week. Fingers crossed your delivery is quick. It would give me some hope that I will get mine before the end of January

When you say it was due to be built last week, were you given build week 41 (week starting 9th october) as that's when mine was given too, or were you told build week 38/39 and expecting it to be completed by last week?

When you say it was due to be built last week, were you given build week 41 (week starting 9th october) as that's when mine was given too, or were you told build week 38/39 and expecting it to be completed by last week?
I wasn’t given one for this order, the one I had on order kept getting delayed and the dealer managed to secure some others with the same spec so I took one of those, sorry I know that’s not the most useful response.

Todays update is that it’s at the port of exit waiting to be shipped to the UK, not sure how long that will take but hopefully not too long now.

Reactions: jdw2525
I wasn’t given one for this order, the one I had on order kept getting delayed and the dealer managed to secure some others with the same spec so I took one of those, sorry I know that’s not the most useful response.

Todays update is that it’s at the port of exit waiting to be shipped to the UK, not sure how long that will take but hopefully not too long now.
Ah okay gotcha.

Mine had a build week starting 9th October, just heard from the dealer today that it is built and waiting to be shipped. They hope to have it in the next 2.5 weeks for a handover sometime in November. Happy days!

Reactions: JJINANAUDI and discosteve
Ah okay gotcha.

Mine had a build week starting 9th October, just heard from the dealer today that it is built and waiting to be shipped. They hope to have it in the next 2.5 weeks for a handover sometime in November. Happy days!
Great news mate. I thought the contact at the dealer was away until November 1st? I'm hoping mines the same then and will just be a few more weeks

Great news mate. I thought the contact at the dealer was away until November 1st? I'm hoping mines the same then and will just be a few more weeks
Haha they are, but a 2nd one emailed me before when my main one was away so I emailed them again today, I am too impatient to wait until 1st Nov for an update!!!

Ah okay gotcha.

Good to hear, sounds like ours might be on the same ship then! Fingers crossed it’s all nice and quick from here.

Haha they are, but a 2nd one emailed me before when my main one was away so I emailed them again today, I am too impatient to wait until 1st Nov for an update!!!
I’ve just emailed again to ask for an update haha. My build is still not confirmed (supposed to be 30th November) next week!

A quick update on my situation:
- received the In transit 'wrapped up, safe and sound on board our ship to the UK' email on 19th October
- dealer rang me on the 20th and having checked things - advised it was listed as state 39(?) (shipped I think) and would be heading to Grimsby
- collection on the 28th wasn't going to happen, but the 31st might be possible
- dealer then range me yesterday (24th) to advise that car would arrive on the 30th and they could still do it for the 31st - even offering to deliver it
- received the Arrived in the UK 'reached the UK. The ship has docked - next stop, your local Audi Centre' email this morning (25th).

Not long now.

- received the In transit 'wrapped up, safe and sound on board our ship to the UK' email on 19th October
- dealer rang me on the 20th and having checked things - advised it was listed as state 39(?) (shipped I think) and would be heading to Grimsby
- dealer then range me yesterday (24th) to advise that car would arrive on the 30th and they could still do it for the 31st - even offering to deliver it
- received the Arrived in the UK 'reached the UK. The ship has docked - next stop, your local Audi Centre' email this morning (25th).

Not long now.
When did your car start getting built?

Not long now.
Can I asked what date you got your build complete email?

Mine came on 30th September but haven't had anything else since. I have a provisional pick up date this Friday (back up next Tuesday 31st) but I don't think that will happen.

Can I asked what date you got your build complete email?

Mine came on 30th September but haven't had anything else since. I have a provisional pick up date this Friday (back up next Tuesday 31st) but I don't think that will happen.
25th Sept. Sounds like you are a few days behind me.
Strange you've not heard anything more.

Here's my complete email timeline:
- "we're under way"/In build/"It's time to start bringing your Audi S3 to life.", received 12th Sept
- "our work here is done."/Final checks/"We're happy to tell you that all the rigorous tests have been completed and we've checked and double checked for any imperfections.", received 25th Sept
- "your Audi S3 is en route to you"/In transit/"Just to let you know, your new S3 is carefully wrapped up, safe and sound on board our ship to the UK", received 19th Oct
- "your S3 has landed"/Arrived in UK/"Great news, your new S3 has reached the UK. The ship has docked - next stop, your local Audi Centre", received 25th Oct.

You can see there's a fair gap (24 days) between the 2nd and 3rd emails.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomascott
25th Sept. Sounds like you are a few days behind me.
Strange you've not heard anything more.

Here's my complete email timeline:
- "we're under way"/In build/"It's time to start bringing your Audi S3 to life.", received 12th Sept
- "our work here is done."/Final checks/"We're happy to tell you that all the rigorous tests have been completed and we've checked and double checked for any imperfections.", received 25th Sept
- "your Audi S3 is en route to you"/In transit/"Just to let you know, your new S3 is carefully wrapped up, safe and sound on board our ship to the UK", received 19th Oct
- "your S3 has landed"/Arrived in UK/"Great news, your new S3 has reached the UK. The ship has docked - next stop, your local Audi Centre", received 25th Oct.

You can see there's a fair gap (24 days) between the 2nd and 3rd emails.
Thanks!

Yeah sounds like its a few days behind - hopefully will get a update soon. Expecting a call from my dealer this afternoon/tomorrow to confirm it won't be Friday anyway!

Reactions: marshalld
What 'remote' features are available on the A3 (45 TFSIe S-Line Competition, if that changes anything) on the MyAudi app? e.g. remote start, turn on the a/c, etc. - I've tried to look around online but can't get a clear answer as it always has a caveat of 'differs per model' and I can't find any answers just for the A3!

UK spec, if that matters too?

I finally got everything sorted and going to the dealer tomorrow to place the order, from memory 5 years ago when I ordered the A3 they gave me a number that could be used to track the build in the various stages,
Anyone know this feature still available?
I think it was called track my build?

I finally got everything sorted and going to the dealer tomorrow to place the order, from memory 5 years ago when I ordered the A3 they gave me a number that could be used to track the build in the various stages,
Anyone know this feature still available?
I think it was called track my build?
No they scrapped that - have to contact your dealer for updates now.

Collected the car this afternoon. Very fast turn around by the dealership.
I think it did arrive yesterday. Seems they had 5 cars on the same ship that were slow getting transported down - of which mine was one.

They wanted to hit their October numbers and had forecasted my sale in them. I managed to get a full tank of fuel and rubber mats all round. I cheekily asked what was in it for me as I was 'helping' them out by taking the time away from work to collect it today :grinning:

Audi beam wasn't fitted initially. Went for the quattro version rather than the rings.
Time to read the manual, have a play and get it set up to my liking.

Reactions: discosteve and tomascott
Ah nice! Congrats and enjoy.

Mine is still waiting to be shipped. Today was 4 weeks since I got the in transit email so hopefully it can’t be much longer

Reactions: marshalld
What 'remote' features are available on the A3 (45 TFSIe S-Line Competition, if that changes anything) on the MyAudi app? e.g. remote start, turn on the a/c, etc. - I've tried to look around online but can't get a clear answer as it always has a caveat of 'differs per model' and I can't find any answers just for the A3!

UK spec, if that matters too?
Just bumping this if anyone can help?

As a side note... still waiting on my car. Dealer came back yesterday, said it's still not shipped over yet. Car was confirmed as fully built on 23rd October, so hopefully it should be on the ship any day now?!

Just got the
Just bumping this if anyone can help?

As a side note... still waiting on my car. Dealer came back yesterday, said it's still not shipped over yet. Car was confirmed as fully built on 23rd October, so hopefully it should be on the ship any day now?!
fyi my build was confirmed complete on 30th Sept and only just got shipped yesterday. It’s stuck on a ship waiting to get into Sheerness today