A3/S3 delivery lead time?

I’m finding it great, still getting use to it as this is my first auto in a car of my own. It’s very smooth from my opinion but overall I love the car and it was 100% worth the wait.
Sounds great nick makes me more excited enjoy your car pal

Reactions: Nick James and JustLulu
Spoke to my dealer today and he was saying they’re discontinuing dynamic indicators on the Q2 and Q3 due to supply chain issues. Let’s hope it doesn’t spread through the range

So it did go into build in week 3...but is still there. Its been showing as In Production for a fortnight now. Dealer reckons its waiting on components, but would they start it if they hadn't got everything? Or maybe body is done but not started fitting out? Anyone else had similar hold-up once in Production?
It's at the dealer, pick it up next Friday :smiley:

Reactions: JustLulu and Maddave
Spoke to my dealer today and he was saying they’re discontinuing dynamic indicators on the Q2 and Q3 due to supply chain issues. Let’s hope it doesn’t spread through the range
So named dynamic indicators come only via Matrix headlights

incidently in the middle of the So named PANDEMIC......big impact on car manufacturing a theme continued to all whom ordered in the first quarter of 2021
I get that but still wouldn't wait 2 years for a car unless it was something really special, not as patient as you fella. And another thing, how come other stuff like electrical goods haven't been hampered ? there have been no reports I'm aware of.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I get that but still wouldn't wait 2 years for a car unless it was something really special, not as patient as you fella. And another thing, how come other stuff like electrical goods haven't been hampered ? there have been no reports I'm aware of.
There is a shortage on electronic components for the likes of home cinema receivers,speakers,subwoofers all are being advertised at list prices and most brands have increased their prices mate ..only TV's like of Samsung LG have not been affected because they produce their own chips .....the west comes last in china's list of prioritising chip assembly's
I am selling the car mate

Reactions: Jcbmally
ceramic coat its great but there is many problems if someone apply for uou if you scratch your car you have to re apply whole panel etc :) ppf its much better option
Any muppet can re-apply a coating not everyone can afford to ppf all the car panels

Ordered a new , A3 45tfsi e C&S daytona grey in November 2021, The unconfirmed build date ive been given is Week 37 ( mid september )
dealer thinks it could be pushed earlier ?

Hi, I’m collecting my new Audi on Tuesday after a 9 month wait, has anyone had any Audi car mats put in there new car from the garage or can anyone recommend where the best place is to get them from?
thanks

Ordered a new , A3 45tfsi e C&S daytona grey in November 2021, The unconfirmed build date ive been given is Week 37 ( mid september )
I ordered my A3 (in signature) mid November.
My unconfirmed build is wk 29 mid July.

I really hope mine moves forward!

Hi, I’m collecting my new Audi on Tuesday after a 9 month wait, has anyone had any Audi car mats put in there new car from the garage or can anyone recommend where the best place is to get them from?
thanks
I wanted the rubber mats and boot liner (car came with material set of front and rear mats) and got a deal from the dealership on a protection pack or something like that which was cheaper than buying all individually from anywhere I looked including eBay etc.

Reactions: ACB18
Tomorrow is the day :yahoo:. Finally get to pick the car up :racer:

Reactions: Maddave, Brian Leslie, tonyp03 and 3 others
Woohoo :yahoo:. Handover was a breeze! Absolutely love the car, a pleasure to drive and well worth the wait.

I’ve spent most of the day playing with the settings haha!

E6FDED15 4D2A 4FCD 88A7 184ADCC600A5

Reactions: KevPF, Jcbmally, NigelG and 8 others
Woohoo :yahoo:. Handover was a breeze! Absolutely love the car, a pleasure to drive and well worth the wait.

View attachment 250574
So glad you've finally got your hands on it! Look at that showroom shine and looks so good in that colour (I'm beginning to regret going for Navarra Blue!!). Exactly the same trim and options as me (apart from Manual, not Auto and I'll probably regret that too lol).

Still a couple more months for me (still down as a Build Week 17), so hopefully late May/Early June!

Reactions: MA3RC

View attachment 250574
Happy motoring!

I just came back from my dealed and was further pushed back.
Build week is now unconfirmed 25/2022
First build week was supposed to be 13/2021

They are pathetic

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Happy motoring!

I just came back from my dealed and was further pushed back.
Build week is now unconfirmed 25/2022
First build week was supposed to be 13/2021

They are pathetic

I didn’t order till 1 / 2 / 22 so I better not ask my dealer for estimated delivery time . I will probably start crying

Reactions: JustLulu
I'm guessing some of you guys waiting must be rolling over PCP deals - given the extended wait what terms have Audi been offering you?

I'm guessing some of you guys waiting must be rolling over PCP deals - given the extended wait what terms have Audi been offering you?
I paid off the remaining finance and sold the car.... I've been without one for circa 4 months

I don't know what PCP is but I still haven't sold my Golf, and I m glad I did not.
The only thing they told me is that they will cover any price difference. For example, had I ordered today, I d have to pay 3k more for the same car.
But I m guessing that's market dependant

Like others have said, I too paid mine off and sold the car at the end of the agreement, took advantage of the strong used market at the time to walk away with some money in my pocket at the end of it. However Audi did offer to extend my PCP agreement specifically because the the delay. The offer was to extend for a period of 6 months with the same monthly payments I had been paying for the duration of the agreement. I didn’t get into detail about how that would affect the balloon payment as I had already decided to sell the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pauly69
Like others have said, I too paid mine off and sold the car at the end of the agreement, took advantage of the strong used market at the time to walk away with some money in my pocket at the end of it. However Audi did offer to extend my PCP agreement specifically because the the delay. The offer was to extend for a period of 6 months with the same monthly payments I had been paying for the duration of the agreement. I didn’t get into detail about how that would affect the balloon payment as I had already decided to sell the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m buying mine . I got a guaranteed trade in price in writing , so not to concerned about the long wait , my current A 3 is only 18 months old

The car has moved back to wk 47 now, :(

I ordered October 2021 and have an estimate build week of 15.
I ordered September 2021 and got build week 17 .. Seems to be no rhyme or reason on how they get scheduled. You appear to have ordered after me, but are being built before me!

Just had an email from my dealer on this for my Q3 order (Black Edition, placed last month). No change in price and just a £100 goodwill offer...

We are writing to inform you that due to the current global shortages on semi-conductors, we can no longer build your Q3 with the following specifications.
  • Matrix LED headlights with dynamic front and rear indicators.
  • HD Matrix LED headlights with dynamic front and rear indicators.
  • Q3 and Q3 Sportback models (excluding RS) with dynamic rear indicators.
What this means for you...
  • Q3 and Q3 Sportback (Sport, S line and Black Edition) LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and dynamic rear indicator (PX2) currently standard equipment, will be replaced with LED headlights with LED daytime running lights, LED rear lights and LED rear indicators (PHM). The design of the headlight and Daytime Running Light is not impacted, only rear dynamic indicators are being removed.
  • Q3 and Q3 Sportback (Vorsprung) Orders are likely to be delayed until the second half of 2022.
  • RS Q3 and RS Q3 Sportback (Audi Sport Edition and Vorsprung) Dark tinted Matrix LED headlights with front and rear dynamic indicators (PXC), currently standard equipment, will be replaced with LED headlights LED daytime running lights, LED rear lights, dynamic rear indicators and High beam assist (PHS).
Current estimations are that supply restrictions will last until the second half of 2022 on Q3 and RS Q3 for Matrix LED headlights and dynamic rear indicators.

The price of your car will not change and as a gesture of Goodwill, we would like to offer you £100 as recognition of changes to the specification of your new car.

Just had an email from my dealer on this for my Q3 order (Black Edition, placed last month). No change in price and just a £100 goodwill offer...

We are writing to inform you that due to the current global shortages on semi-conductors, we can no longer build your Q3 with the following specifications.
  • Matrix LED headlights with dynamic front and rear indicators.
  • HD Matrix LED headlights with dynamic front and rear indicators.
  • Q3 and Q3 Sportback models (excluding RS) with dynamic rear indicators.
What this means for you...
  • Q3 and Q3 Sportback (Sport, S line and Black Edition) LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and dynamic rear indicator (PX2) currently standard equipment, will be replaced with LED headlights with LED daytime running lights, LED rear lights and LED rear indicators (PHM). The design of the headlight and Daytime Running Light is not impacted, only rear dynamic indicators are being removed.
  • Q3 and Q3 Sportback (Vorsprung) Orders are likely to be delayed until the second half of 2022.
  • RS Q3 and RS Q3 Sportback (Audi Sport Edition and Vorsprung) Dark tinted Matrix LED headlights with front and rear dynamic indicators (PXC), currently standard equipment, will be replaced with LED headlights LED daytime running lights, LED rear lights, dynamic rear indicators and High beam assist (PHS).
Current estimations are that supply restrictions will last until the second half of 2022 on Q3 and RS Q3 for Matrix LED headlights and dynamic rear indicators.

The price of your car will not change and as a gesture of Goodwill, we would like to offer you £100 as recognition of changes to the specification of your new car.
They clearly have zero interest in their customers.
Totally your decision but if I was losing that off a car I'd ordered I'd likely tell them to poke it.
I certainly wouldn't be accepting paying the same, there would need to be a price reduction at least the cost of these options plus compensation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally and Code
Will this filter down the A3 I wonder? mine was 'supposedly' built last week.
Looking at the configurator it effects most if not all cars and the A3 has been like this for a while regards matrix lights.
Only models keeping matrix etc are the ones that have it as standard and the option to spec them is no longer available.
I would have thought if you were going to be missing something you had specced that the dealer would have said if it was not going to be on it. Certainly for something like Matrix lights anyway.
Did you order matrix?

Looking at the configurator it effects most if not all cars and the A3 has been like this for a while regards matrix lights.
Only models keeping matrix etc are the ones that have it as standard and the option to spec them is no longer available.
I would have thought if you were going to be missing something you had specced that the dealer would have said if it was not going to be on it. Certainly for something like Matrix lights anyway.
Did you order matrix?
Not the standard ones either Brian - The RSQ3 is being replaced with standard LED Headlights - £100 Goodwill is a joke - They cost £430 Option on the S3 when you could order them on that model (Luckily I could on my S3) and a lot more on lower models - It will effect resale values as well in a couple of years time

I've always changed my cars a year before or at the end of the PCP, but I'm seriously thinking next year about buying my S3 and taking out the All In one which extends the full factory warranty by 2 years, Mots and servicing - I can't get half the options I could when I purchased mine in November 2020 and now the standard stuff isn't happening either - I know the global issues aren't Audi's fault but they keep taking the orders!

Reactions: Jcbmally and Brian Leslie
Not the standard ones either Brian - The RSQ3 is being replaced with standard LED Headlights - £100 Goodwill is a joke - They cost £430 Option on the S3 when you could order them on that model (Luckily I could on my S3) and a lot more on lower models - It will effect resale values as well in a couple of years time

I've always changed my cars a year before or at the end of the PCP, but I'm seriously thinking next year about buying my S3 and taking out the All In one which extends the full factory warranty by 2 years, Mots and servicing - I can't get half the options I could when I purchased mine in November 2020 and now the standard stuff isn't happening either - I know the global issues aren't Audi's fault but they keep taking the orders!
Sorry didn't look at the RS stuff as I thought they'd remain untouched!
I'd imagine it will effect sales too as if your looking at cars in the RSQ3 price bracket your expecting stuff like matrix or its equivalent to be standard.
£100 is a joke and I feel their using the shortages and high demand to take the **** with the specs.
I certainly would be looking at the alternatives if there are any as I agree it will effect resale.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally
Did you order matrix?
Sorry no

My spec is S Line but I didn't have Matrix lights as an extra...... although I thought dynamic indicators came as standard with the SLine