Audi A3 8p 2.0 tfsi Spec stage 3 clutch help !!!!!

Alexdc

Reaction score
Hi folks, I’m having some trouble with a spec stage 3 clutch (complete clutch kit) in my 2.0tfsi Audi A3 Quattro after trying every form and method of bleeding it up, it has not made any difference, i suspect that the pressure plate could be at fault /or clutch slave I can confirm that the clutch plate was definitely installed the right way round!

The problem is when the clutch pedal is fully depressed there is a rattling noise, sounds a bit like a bad release bearing, when I let off the pedal the noise goes away, but if I try to move off in gear the clutch slips and make the same horrendous noise,

I have also fitted a new clutch master cylinder and a braided clutch line, Before I strip it out can anyone think of anything else to try ?

the spec clutch kit for ref : Application for Audi / S3 / 2006-2012 (SV873F-2 Flywheel: SV87S)

Hi there, take a read of the last 2 or 3 pages of my thread: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-kwe-my-build-thread-it-will-be-slow-progress.320369/page-4

Has the clutch bled up at all - sometimes this can take ages.

I had the spec stg2 kit and SMF and it was horrible - incredibly strong but ruined all enjoyment of driving the car. As I understand it, the Stg3 is better and doesn’t require as much running in but IMO it’s still Spec - what made you go you the Stg3 in a 2.0?. I've subsequently replaced it with an RST kit which seems good so far.

Assuming you have SMF as that’s all they do - you will get a lot of chatter but it’s normally better when you press the clutch. These kits do make a lot of notice which was typically dampened by the DMF .

There is an input shaft mod you can do but it’s more work - @S. did this and details it well in his thread.

Hiya, yes it bled up all good and the pedal felt normal, I’ve gone for spec stage 3 Because of twin turbo set up I’m currently running, I previously had a helix 6 paddle with dmf, but it didn’t last much more then 4000 miles before it started slipping with the dmf knocking its tits off, I had previously completely rebuilt the gearbox with various strengthing mods, and shimmed up the input shaft to prevent that common issue, so should be able to rule out the gearbox. Just seems a bit strange that the spec clutch could be so problematic out of the box!