De-cat MOT pass or fail??

localknoxville

Reaction score
I know it’s been asked a million times before but I can’t find a definitive answer!
Some say it will definitely fail without a Cat and some say it doesn’t matter.
Even the government website about MOT’s doesn’t say it will or it won’t
So, with that said, what’s your recent experiences, have you had your car pass or fail recently?
my MOT is coming up in September and just trying to get a heads up, thanks

It will fail.... depending on where you take it. When I last got my car MOT at a “general” MOT station it barely passed with the standard cat on it. That was about 4 years ago....... ever since then I take my car to my “friendly” MOT station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: b2 and danny_dj3
Bung the ‘friendly garage’ a drink on top and it will pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: b2
The current rules are pretty clear cut , if you don't have one then it wont comply with current emission regulations thus it won't be legal, clear as can be really chaps.
If you have one and its a HFC or sports cat it may pass ,just , but dont be surprised if it deosnt.
If you have a decat it wont pass full stop.

It does'nt matter how you paint it over, unless you have a compliant CAT that is working and your emissions are within spec it wont pass and thus wont be legal.
Not sure how your freindly MOT guys are getting around it under the current regs.
Been there recently myself.

I've a sports cat on and we are tested over here by a government body and no chance of a "friendly moter " and mine passes every time. It's a pipewrex one in case that helps.

De-cat all the way and find yourself a friendly MOT station as mentioned in above comments.