Dension ipod link.....

rickparmar

Reaction score
In my S3 i have a symphony head unit, with in built cd changer behind the headunit.

Can a dension kit be fitted to this ? and also will i loose the cd changer (as its not a changer which sits in the back of the car, its built in with the headunit)

Thanks

the iLink conects to the HU via the CD changer interface. If your changer is built in (?) I would wonder whether it has a changer port.

I want an ipod adapter for mine too, think i have same set up symphony and headunit which takes 6 cds at once, had me baffled when i picked up car you just keep feeding it cds haha

I was wondering what audi usually fit for ipods

The new Dension one's you can have CD changer + Ipod. I have ordered one, been waiting about a month for it now though so can't tell you what its like.

joe6886 said:
The new Dension one's you can have CD changer + Ipod. I have ordered one, been waiting about a month for it now though so can't tell you what its like.

Which one is it? got any links to it?

joe6886 said:

Which one is it? got any links to it?

if you can get over the no ID3 display, then the ice>link is awesome. no ID3 track info is a major pain though.

did see an ice>link on ther also that used the top-half of the dis for track info, but not too sure if that was teh fibre based one.

no, just the track number.

Ipod displays the track details, but not much good if you keep it in the glovebox.

Katy_S3 said:
i just did a search on google

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/For_Factory_Fitted_Radios/Audi_iPod_Car_Kit

Looks really good exactly what i want a direct player rather than fm transmitter and it is controlled through cd player not thte actual ipod.........im def getting one!

becarefull which you buy because you might not be able to use your cd changer, and because our cd changer is built in, you need to check on the back of your headunit if there is a connection so the ipod can be conected to it, if that makes sense

Katy_S3 said:
so you cant see any track info ??

With my Dension iLink I use the iPod controls, as its in a cradle (a no holes kit) right next to my HU its easy to see waht ur doing, track lists etc.

Will get some photos up when I get home