Dension ice link plus,problems help!!

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score
i have fitted the dension ice link plus to my 2001 s3 concert with bose,and i cant get it to work properely i get into the menu by pressing cd 6 on track 2 and press forward on the head unit,but when it gets to settings it stops working and i cant set anything up it then just plays some random music which i dont want to listen to has any one got a step by step guide on how to set my ipod up.basically io just want to find out how to select albums using my ipod and select them as playlist to use on my head unit so cd1-6 would have a different album off of my ipod,i also cant charge the thing as when i try and use the dension menu on my ipod it gets so far on the screena nd just stops me selecting any option etc,i have checked the ice forum and was wondering if anyone can help me on here ,please its doin my head in. cheers

I know it sounds daft but have you checked that its earthed properly, mine wasn't when i first got it fitted but made sure it was earthed to the one of the screws on the back of the headunit and it worked fine after that.

Failing that a faulty/wrong icelink?

Best of luck!

Or you can just unplug the cable that goes to the Icelink and connect it again. It sorts of reset it. And laso as said above, check your earth connection.

yeah checked the earth wire,its ok. i have sorted most of it just cant set the ipod to charge when playing in the car,i get to setup in the menu but cant enter the setup if that makes sense.

personally I prefer the ipod interface over the dension link settings. this allows you to have more than 6 playlists, and it's much quicker to navigate to a specific song / album / artist if it is mounted in view or accessible for passengers.

to do so;

1. Disconnect the ipod from the dension link. the normal ipod screen should soon appear back.
2. wait around 10seconds, the reinsert the ipod. The icelink should then retain the ipod interface.

I think that is all ya need to do from memory. Anyway, maybe you could try that and see if it fixes your problem? Just a thought.

Rob :)

Agree - I only use the ipod to navigate too, much easier and quicker imo!