Facelift Interesting new brakes from Porsche

8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
Worth a watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CamRNW and hawesy25
Interesting video and well explained. Even a dunce like me managed to understand it!

Also funny at the end where he educates the haters on how he’s jacked the car up safely!

Reactions: savo and 8YARWY
Very interesting and sounds like the future of braking. The manufacturing process to apply the Tungsten Carbide to the rotor sounds complex and expensive as a result! As with any new technology it will be expensive to begin with no doubt and will become cheaper once more manufacturers adopt the approach.
No more brakedust (or much reduced) would be nice!

Very interesting and sounds like the future of braking. The manufacturing process to apply the Tungsten Carbide to the rotor sounds complex and expensive as a result! As with any new technology it will be expensive to begin with no doubt and will become cheaper once more manufacturers adopt the approach.
No more brakedust (or much reduced) would be nice!

It’s an interesting process but I bet not too dissimilar to plasma coating the Aluminium block bores.

I don't get why (except for commercial reasons) they don't add a bigger TC layer. A solid 1mm would make the rotors last 10x longer?
It is a problem of adhesion?

I don't get why (except for commercial reasons) they don't add a bigger TC layer. A solid 1mm would make the rotors last 10x longer?
It is a problem of adhesion?

You’d never buy a replacement

You’d never buy a replacement

I asked myself the same question when watching it and came to the same conclusion!

Reactions: 8YARWY