Ali Express review

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased items from Ali express which looked sh*t hot in the pictire & video to find that when i plugged them in they didn't work.
So proceeded to chat with seller who i have to say wasn't helpful and directed me to the dispute platform within the site , so i raised a dispute and give them there due they dealt with it swiftly and told me i would get full refund when i returned goods , so with a big smile on my face i went to postoffice to get a price to send said item now item weight 500g and it was costing just a tad over £10 to send back which if i had sent would have meant i gave those sneaky bar stewards £35 all in for a item that was £25 ( postage included ) .
So i got back in touch with Ali explaining the cost to send back and was asked what i wanted to do , so i closed dispute and opened new 1 for part refund and got £20 back ,and was left with item it doesn't seem to work so beware i lost £5 for using them and i have to say NEVER NEVER again .

Ali Express don't sell stuff direct, they are an aggregator for thousands of sellers in China (bit like amazon these days). Bought loads of stuff from them but I always check the sellers reviews first. By rights they should of given you a full refund including the return postage if the good were faulty.

Ali Express don't sell stuff direct, they are an aggregator for thousands of sellers in China (bit like amazon these days). Bought loads of stuff from them but I always check the sellers reviews first. By rights they should of given you a full refund including the return postage if the good were faulty.
That is what i would have expected but they said full refund off £25.63 if i posted the item back and if i had i would have been out thr £10 as they wouldn't cover return postage , i asked for a return label like ebay amazon and reply from seller i don't understand what you mean , kinda expected that .

What did you buy mate?
Seems weird they wouldn’t just send a replacement?
I ordered sweeping indicators for B8 mirrors i have , they fitted fine but when plugged in nothing , so they only get 1 shot with me and they blow that

I ordered sweeping indicators for B8 mirrors i have , they fitted fine but when plugged in nothing , so they only get 1 shot with me and they blow that

Yeah very odd, must’ve been a faulty unit, usually they’ll just offer to send you a replacement unit for free?

I have used aliexress many times, so far no problems.
I think it is best used for staff ordered in lots. I am waiting now for example the terminals used in the repair wires so I can crimp my own cables 100pcs lot.
I have used it in the past for some electronic parts as well.
For my A3, I have bought all the cabling for warning and puddle lights as a kit. No problem as well.
It only depends on the seller. So what I usually do before buying, is to contact the seller and discuss regarding the item and then I proceed to order.
Also check the reviews and if the item has many sales already.

Been using it a lot but not for car stuff.
Here and there had issues but always got it sorted.
Not much different from ebay in my experience.