Rear bushes needed. Suggestions? S3 8P

Daveyonthemove

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've just had a 4 wheel alignment done on my car, and despite most of the components being seized up suggesting it hadn't been done by previous owners, the garage was able to free up all the parts, but unable to get the rears to align correctly due to the bushes being worn and in need of replacement.
Can anyone suggest a good set of replacement bushes or know of the part number for OEM?

For clarity, the car is NOT lowered and I don't intend to lower it. I'm happy to stick with OEM parts, but if a better alternative exists for a fair price then I'm happy to upgrade them.
I won't be putting the car around a track, and it's often used for lengthy journeys (prior to lock down) so comfort and stability are more important to me than a stiff and harsh ride.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Davey,

I changed all the bushes on the rear of my S3 last year due to a horrendous rattle. I ended up going with Powerflex bushes as my motto is 'if you change it why not upgrade it?'

Depending on how many bushes you need to change the prices can vary but I found them very reasonable for what I wanted. They ranged from around £10 to £30 for usually a pair of bushes. Damian at DPM helped me out with these and did a great price but I was buying almost every bush there was on the rear!

The ride hasn't changed too much, it's certainly stiffer but in a good way, you know there is no play in the parts. I will say however that I was already very much lowered before I changed the bushes so the ride for me was and is already stiff so I can't give a 100% accurate comparison for change in ride. I can't imagine it will change it that much although I stand to be corrected.

I struggled with part numbers as Audi are very reluctant to give part numbers out but have you tried 7zap for part numbers? Link here

Hope this helps,
Eren.

Reactions: DPM and Daveyonthemove
Hey Davey,

I changed all the bushes on the rear of my S3 last year due to a horrendous rattle. I ended up going with Powerflex bushes as my motto is 'if you change it why not upgrade it?'

Depending on how many bushes you need to change the prices can vary but I found them very reasonable for what I wanted. They ranged from around £10 to £30 for usually a pair of bushes. Damian at DPM helped me out with these and did a great price but I was buying almost every bush there was on the rear!

The ride hasn't changed too much, it's certainly stiffer but in a good way, you know there is no play in the parts. I will say however that I was already very much lowered before I changed the bushes so the ride for me was and is already stiff so I can't give a 100% accurate comparison for change in ride. I can't imagine it will change it that much although I stand to be corrected.

I struggled with part numbers as Audi are very reluctant to give part numbers out but have you tried 7zap for part numbers? Link here

Hope this helps,
Eren.

Thanks for the reply mate, very helpful.
I did look at that link (usually go there first) but I realised that I wasn't sure which bushes are worn out, I just assumed there was two and I would order a pair. Not the case!
I'll contact DPM and see what he can do for me, it probably won't hurt to replace most if not all of them as I don't expect they have been done for a while.

Reactions: Eren S3
I did look at that link (usually go there first) but I realised that I wasn't sure which bushes are worn out, I just assumed there was two and I would order a pair. Not the case!
I'll contact DPM and see what he can do for me, it probably won't hurt to replace most if not all of them as I don't expect they have been done for a while.
Would recommend biting the bullet and buy all you need for the back then you can keep track when they where all done and it will save you in the long run in my opinion

Reactions: Eren S3 and Daveyonthemove
Would recommend biting the bullet and buy all you need for the back then you can keep track when they where all done and it will save you in the long run in my opinion
Thats probably what i'll end up doing, and if the budget stretches to the fronts too then I'll get them at the same time.

Reactions: Eren S3

Not at all, glad to help :)
That was the issue I had, I couldn't figure out which one was worn, in the end after an inspection it turned out that it was more than one so I was glad I got them all. Plus my OCD just couldn't take knowing I'd only replaced a few :tearsofjoy:

+1 to this. I know it can be costly but absolutely worth it in the long run.

Thats probably what i'll end up doing, and if the budget stretches to the fronts too then I'll get them at the same time.

If you can stretch then I would. I couldn't at the time but at some point I will be replacing the front too. I don't think there's any adverse effects to jst replacing the rear if your budget can't strech.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove