B6 Cabriolet roof cover trim clips

Reg Beardsley

Reaction score
Hi,
Can someone please help.
In trying to manually lift my roof I pulled the chrome trim and it separated from the clips that hold it in place.
Can anyone advise what they are actually called or part number.
Thanks in advance
IMG 20200410 132635
IMG 20200410 132620

Just had a look on oemepc.com which is my go to for part numbers. It does not show a clip in the parts list and suggests the chrome surround is secured to the lid by a number of hex nuts. This would suggest the clips are integral to the trim.

Part number for the chrome trim is 8h0853297a. I would suggest unbolting the entire trim and see if the aluminium channel the clips fit it can be bent back into place around the clip.

Pulling on the rear deck will not open it as it is locked in place. You need to use the roof key to release it first. The key is inside the dash on the drivers side. Pull off the end cover of the dash and you will see the red handle of the key. It pulls out.

The rear deck lock is in the top of the rear arm rest void. If memory serves correctly screw out the handle of the key, insert into the fitting in the arm rest void and turn the handle back to lock the key in place. Then use the key to rotate the lock to the open position and the deck will release. There is a similar lock arrangement on the front of the roof contained in the light housing under a round cover.

Thanks for your reply.
I have taken 2 further pics so you can see the actually unit complete. The 2nd show at either end where the clips have broken. They clip into a metal trim housing on the underneath of the external chrome housing (which you have detailed with the serial number).
I have been unable to find the clip on the Internet (probably has a daft name) so I'm just hoping another owner who has had this issue reads my post.
Thanks for your input though.

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_113423.jpg
    IMG_20200411_113423.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20200411_113436.jpg
    IMG_20200411_113436.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 99
I would just wedge the clip back into the channel in the correct position and slap some araldite on it to hold it in. Once the trim is bolted back in no one other than you will ever know.