What would spend £1000 on , well on your B7 that is.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Right then chaps, Straight to the point.
If you had a £1000 to spend on your B7 what you do with it.
Now in some ways that amount wouldn't go far so don't include putting towards a larger project ...
What else would you do that had an almost instant effect or improvement that you gained something.

To start i would do a stage 2 remap.

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Than to fit a pipedown.it worth,i think only to gain power.maybe someone like the exterior or interior improovement

Full exhaust and a remap.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You should be on the limit with the money

You only have a £1000 to spend , no more, not even 1p more..lol

would you get those two for £1k then chap.
Was the first 2 things I did to mine. Non res Milltek and a map. Came in under £1000 but I managed to get the exhaust cheap from EuroCarParts when it let me use a discount code on performance parts.

And we are all on it aswell , just some of us are on a much bigger slippery slope..lol

And we are all on it aswell , just some of us are on a much bigger slippery slope..lol
There does seem to be a few weighing it up. I'm in to deep to back out now. Just need to let the world settle down and I can actually go for it.

You maybe waiting for a while yet then chap, best sit back and save some more pennies ready for the right time.

I want my S line wheels refurbing to gunmetal grey.
I've already got my S line B8 half leather interior (not fitted yet) so that doesn't count on the shopping list

You maybe waiting for a while yet then chap, best sit back and save some more pennies ready for the right time.
Yep, I literally was in talks with the right company to help out and this has put it on hold. Gutted after 3 years of collecting parts. Never mind. Family first......

Bodywork. I've two doors to paint and a bonnet to machine polish swirls out of. Guts of a grand right there to do properly.

Wheel refurb and the rest cleaning up the paintwork.

20190908 144722

maybe parking a little bit further away from the kerb would be better.:scared2:

Reactions: Sidrick
Lol. They were in a shocking state when I bought the car, honest Guv.
The wheels came off a golf my mate bought from a young chap.
Did you manage to find any centre caps Rob?

Couple of spots on body that need attention and would like to get roof box wrapped as it doesn't really match the paint colour.

Get peeling alloys powder coated, new rear valance(or repair) and rear bumper resprayed. Car would be back to immaculate but really don't know if it's worth spending the money on it, only done 70 odd K but the book price is peanuts.

Caliper upgrade to Brembo, so I don't have to paint mine,
and a catch can system.
I don't need anything else, I have the rest of the mods already.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Sidrick
Right now I think the best investment would be a half decent tool kit and a lift

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Sidrick
Get peeling alloys powder coated, new rear valance(or repair) and rear bumper resprayed. Car would be back to immaculate but really don't know if it's worth spending the money on it, only done 70 odd K but the book price is peanuts.

If she running fine and reliable it really isn't worth getting rid of.
Now that I've had my cambelt and oil pump balance shaft changed I intend running mine until she's oxide.

Reactions: SteveMcB and jarnold231
If she running fine and reliable it really isn't worth getting rid of.
Now that I've had my cambelt and oil pump balance shaft changed I intend running mine until she's oxide.

Tend to agree, until a few months ago we had 3 cars but really only needed 2. Was going to let the old bus go but the valuations were a joke, got shot of the Focus ST instead.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
For an instant feel good factor i'd grab a set of 20" A8/S8 alloys for the old bus, and even in this colour would be brill.
maybe a lighter shade on a black bus though, still very nice addition to the B7 form.
Aj1 2

Reactions: BakPak, Dan_Avant and Pie-eyedpiper
Well even in silver would be fine , A grand would get a set with rubber.

S4

For an instant feel good factor i'd grab a set of 20" A8/S8 alloys for the old bus, and even in this colour would be brill.
maybe a lighter shade on a black bus though, still very nice addition to the B7 form.
View attachment 199909
I appreciate I'm biased, but I just love the B7 in red.
I think the look of the B7 is far superior to the B8. When time comes it'll be a B9.

Right now I think the best investment would be a half decent tool kit and a lift

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Took my own advice and bought a Wera 1/2 1/4 socket set - I've got their little toolcheck mini kit and its been fantastic.

Attachments

• wera.jpg
    wera.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: Dan_Avant, Sidrick and Charlie Farley
Took my own advice and bought a Wera 1/2 1/4 socket set - I've got their little toolcheck mini kit and its been fantastic.

You can use it to fit the valance :icon thumright:, well maybe not but you can have it open next the car and look good.:yes:

Reactions: jarnold231
You can use it to fit the valance :icon thumright:, well maybe not but you can have it open next the car and look good.:yes:

Haven't looked at how to fit that valance yet, but definitely going to need it for the rear bumper, two fenders and seats I've got to install. Not sure about anyone else but I'm kind of looking forward to this whole social isolation malarky.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Haven't looked at how to fit that valance yet, but definitely going to need it for the rear bumper, two fenders and seats I've got to install. Not sure about anyone else but I'm kind of looking forward to this whole social isolation malarky.
Yeah I’m also looking forward to ticking a few things off the list could do without this wind though!

If I had a spare grand I’d be booking the car in at devil developments for a fully bespoke stage 3 remap.

I’d probably see about £300 change. With that I’d buy a strut brace for £120, some dot 5.1 brake fluid to go with the new discs, pads and braided lines I’ve already got.

then some millers nano drive 5w 40 and new filter as she’s due a change soon

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Charlie Farley
Awesome gti have 20% off 034 motorsport products for anyone with £1k burning a hole.