Do all S-Lines have tinted sun strip on windscreen

kpm278

Reaction score
Hi as per subject. Autoglass just came to replace windscreen and the replacement didn’t have the grey sun strip. It was the chap that pointed it out. They spoke to their people who said my car didn’t come with one from factory and I’d have to get it signed off by insurers. The chap apologised and said they fit tinted ones all the time to S Lines.

Edit: It's a 2014 with acoustic glass. No auto wiper/lights from factory.

Thanks, Kristian

Last edited:
Depends on model year and options.

The grey sun band came on the acoustic windscreen which used to be part of the Comfort Pack.

When I had my screen done years ago Autoglass asked me the colour of the sun band during the booking process

Reactions: kpm278
Yes would have helped to include my car details! 2014 A3, S Line, 184ps if that makes a difference. It didn't come with comfort pack. It has acoustic glass but I've had to retrofit autowipers, lights, cruise control. So its not an S Line thing, its a comfort pack thing?

I have a 2014 A3 S-line cabriolet with comfort package (not acoustic windscreen) and it does not have a sun band.

Good result!
Just checked the brochure:

Acoustic screen was part of the Light and Rain sensor package.

The Comfort Pack is a sort of ‘bundle pack’ as it includes several other things and also includes the Light & Rain sensor package.

As you have had to retrofit a lot including what would be in these packages then it wouldn’t have had that screen from the factory.

The current glass doesn't have Audi stamps (just Pilkington acoustic and sunband) so the last guy got lucky too. Incidentally the un-sunbanded glass that he brought with him was also Pilkington acoustic.

How do you get the group badgers under your avatar? I looked in'Groups' but only see oil consumption group

My replacement was Pilkington and had fewer distortions than the Audi branded AGC one.

IIRC you can select badges from the profile settings screen when logged in using a web browser.