New Owner A4 1.8T Cabrio

RVFlyer

Reaction score
So I enjoy doing up cars and was at the auctions looking for the next cheap project.

I managed to win this A4 Cabrio for £500.

It has a roof that won't go down and an engine light on.

I connected it to my VCDS tool and got 4 pages of faults, most of which are low voltage ones so th battery is suspect. Hoping its just been left to run down somewhere and they will clear after a good charge but we will see.

There are a load of roof codes but i'll deal with them later. A speed sensor code so ive ordered one of those.

The one i'm stuck with though are 2 alarm faults.

01350 - Alarm via Theft warning system: rear
43-00 - Closed
01350 - Alarm via Theft warning system: Front
43-00 - Closed

Any ideas? Haven't had any issues with the alarm going off so may be related to the battery or is it something else?

Other things I plan to do are taking the sump off and looking at the sludge build up, testing the injectors and probably rebuilding the turbo as there is a bit of smoke out the back. It did come with quite a good service history and even though its high miles with 144k it had a new timing chain 18 months ago new water pump and has been regularly serviced.

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself on here as i'm sure i'll have other questions.

Attachments

• IMG-20200128-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200128-WA0000.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 101
That's the plan this weekend after I hopefully fix the roof.

I just wondered whether the alarm code was a known fault.

B6 & 7 do suffer from alarm errors like this, some will go but the modules do go faulty, quite often see these in the 8H chassis.