New Owner A4 1.8T Cabrio

RVFlyer

Reaction score
So I enjoy doing up cars and was at the auctions looking for the next cheap project.

I managed to win this A4 Cabrio for £500.

It has a roof that won't go down and an engine light on.

I connected it to my VCDS tool and got 4 pages of faults, most of which are low voltage ones so th battery is suspect. Hoping its just been left to run down somewhere and they will clear after a good charge but we will see.

There are a load of roof codes but i'll deal with them later. A speed sensor code so ive ordered one of those.

The one i'm stuck with though are 2 alarm faults.

01350 - Alarm via Theft warning system: rear
43-00 - Closed
01350 - Alarm via Theft warning system: Front
43-00 - Closed

Any ideas? Haven't had any issues with the alarm going off so may be related to the battery or is it something else?

Other things I plan to do are taking the sump off and looking at the sludge build up, testing the injectors and probably rebuilding the turbo as there is a bit of smoke out the back. It did come with quite a good service history and even though its high miles with 144k it had a new timing chain 18 months ago new water pump and has been regularly serviced.

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself on here as i'm sure i'll have other questions.

Attachments

• IMG-20200128-WA0000.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 102
That's the plan this weekend after I hopefully fix the roof.

I just wondered whether the alarm code was a known fault.

B6 & 7 do suffer from alarm errors like this, some will go but the modules do go faulty, quite often see these in the 8H chassis.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…