Help finding part

Billy_S3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My 2011 S3 Sportback has an annoying problem I need to sort out.

rear numberplate light has gone out. I took old bulb out and replaced with new.

still not working.

looked at the actual housing where the metal contacts touch and seems the plastic has ‘melted’.

my question is, what do I ask for when I go to Audi parts at the dealership?

rear numberplate light housing?

Cheers Billy

Part number 1 in the following picture ......
3592526F BCA5 4DC1 9134 D29526EB95C8

Very probably not cheap new from Audi.
If you’re handy at DIY might be worth considering a secondhand one?
Appear to be a few on eBay .....

Stock a meter on the contacts & check for voltage, if it's still ok then simply play with the prongs position as this is usually what stops then working when replacing the bulbs or housings.

They often do melt a little & sometimes displace the contacts, but usually minimally not enough to be unusable, give it a go.

Stock a meter on the contacts & check for voltage, if it's still ok then simply play with the prongs position as this is usually what stops then working when replacing the bulbs or housings.

They often do melt a little & sometimes displace the contacts, but usually minimally not enough to be unusable, give it a go.

Went out there this morning. Made a little tester with wires on the original bulb holder. It lit up!

where it has melted the prongs no longer could reach. So I used some wire, wrapped around the prongs on the holder and pushed in snug. All lit up and warning light has gone away! Happy days.

And I was always led to believe German cars were built well lol

And I was always led to believe German cars were built well lol

They generally are,but imagine the heat in that area for years on plastics, it happens unfortunately, to me also.