A4 BRD Oil pump failure. Project Sapphire

Jozeph Abuaglain

Reaction score
Hello guys, as the title suggests my oil pump and on my engine code BRD has decided to pack in and take the turbo with it. I’m deciding to fully rebuild the car with a turbo kit etc etc, I’m abit confused on which turbo to get I’m looking at a GTB2260vk from dark side or a GTB2260vklr that I’ve been told has a ball bearing and is preferable ? But I’ve been told that GTB2260vklr won’t fit but the GTB2260vk will. Can anyone shed some light on what they’ve done/worked for them, thanks in advance. p.s I’m an actual Audi mechanic currently working for Audi so I will be doing this all my self
:)

Just shows how brill this forum is when main dealer mechanics consult audisport.net for info. :redrs4:

And main dealers that have purchased aftermarket remanufactured modified balancer shaft kits to rectify their poor engineering .

Look forward to seeing your progress. I have a BRD thats in need of replacement too. Stick up some photos, Blue is the only colour I'd consider changing for!

This also happened to my BRD. Now sorted with a modified oil pump drive and new turbo. Just think, once the planned obsolescence wipes out most of the B7s the remaining ones will a bit of a rarity.