Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• F2B65BE6-836E-4826-80E5-AE5C26404E23.jpeg
    F2B65BE6-836E-4826-80E5-AE5C26404E23.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
Not so much part of the evap but a 'manifold' to house fuel feed, return and tank vent lines... tank vent goes to the charcoal canister between washer bottle and expansion tank

<tuffty/>

Reactions: MPH
Not so much part of the evap but a 'manifold' to house fuel feed, return and tank vent lines... tank vent goes to the charcoal canister between washer bottle and expansion tank

<tuffty/>
Many thanks <tuffty/> any chance of a part number?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinS38L
For the pipe to the charcoal canister? I just used a piece of suitably sized silicon vac hose

<tuffty/>

Mph your a legend for helping me with this mate i will strip it back tomorrow as much as possible and check for split pipes again.

<tuffty/>
Any idea what would cause the pipes to lift away from the base are they mechanically controlled as they seem to be sprung open. As in the picture posted by Mph

Any idea what would cause the pipes to lift away from the base are they mechanically controlled as they seem to be sprung open. As in the picture posted by Mph
Personally I would say pressure somewhere in the fuel system but I'm just hazarding a guess.

If you can hear a ticking noise from that area then it should be working fine... the N80 valve on top of the charcoal filter turns on and off controlling EVAP system

<tuffty/>

No the “manifold”behind the expansion tank
Yes like Tuffty says the ticking sound shows its working my started playing up at one stage some electrical cleaner and WD-40 and it's been good ever since I also changed Evap canister as 22 years old and granules are rather clumping together inside.

If you can hear a ticking noise from that area then it should be working fine... the N80 valve on top of the charcoal filter turns on and off controlling EVAP system

<tuffty/>
I can her clicking from the ot
Yes like Tuffty says the ticking sound shows its working my started playing up at one stage some electrical cleaner and WD-40 and it's been good ever since I also changed Evap canister as 22 years old and granules are rather clumping together inside.

mine doesn’t make any clicking sound. There is a loud clicking coming from the evap canister though can even be heard with the bonnet closed.

the base just acts as a support... the pipes are not 'fixed' as such... you would soon know if the fuel pipes were loose and remember fuel feed will be under pressure...

The pipes in the pic don't look any different to any other car I have seen so not sure what the issue is other than the EVAP pipe being covered in tape as no doubt its split... which they all do... so all you need to do is replace it with a suitably sized bit of pipe

<tuffty/>

mine doesn’t make any clicking sound. There is a loud clicking coming from the evap canister though can even be heard with the bonnet closed.

Thats what I was on about... the N80 valve is on the canister... you would get a fault code if the N80 was faulty

<tuffty/>

I can her clicking from the ot

Just a thought have you scanned the car yet by the way? For example
01247 - Activated Charcoal Filter (EVAP) System Solenoid Valve 1 (N80)
26-10 - Output Open - Intermittent

Ok the problem was a smell of fuel coming into the car when the vents are on. The only smell i could trace was back to that unit i will strip it down tomorrow now i know what im looking at. I didn't want to risk breaking it without knowing the replacement part. Thanks for you help.

Just a thought have you scanned the car yet by the way? For example
01247 - Activated Charcoal Filter (EVAP) System Solenoid Valve 1 (N80)
26-10 - Output Open - Intermittent

The scanner i have isn’t compatible with the old ocd port. I will get it read next week though iv only owned the car a week. Otherwise is mechanically sound and far more enjoyable to drive than my a3 saloon

Ok the problem was a smell of fuel coming into the car when the vents are on. The only smell i could trace was back to that unit i will strip it down tomorrow now i know what im looking at. I didn't want to risk breaking it without knowing the replacement part. Thanks for you help.
Just give all the pipes are thorough going over checking for leaks replace the one with the tape on and you should be stepping in the right direction

Just give all the pipes are thorough going over checking for leaks replace the one with the tape on and you should be stepping in the right direction

I will have get the expansion tank out of the way to get a good look i think. After replacing the taped up pipe i will replace the pollen filter fingers crossed.