Wrong engine?!

Dan keen

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m pretty sure I have the wrong engine in my sportback!

sticker in the boot says CBBB but my cam cover says CBD

It’s a ‘59 plate 2.0TDI (supposed to be 170bhp)

It doesn’t seem to have a DPF as I can’t get into it or regen it from VCDS

I’ve got many problems with this! One being no heat in interior (climate control) I suspect the thermostat but looks like there are differing ones for the above mentioned engines?

I’ll try and attach some images of the engine...

Any advice would be great
Thanks

Mines a 2010 170 and definitely has a cbbb. I’m 99% sure yours should be the same. Mines got the plastic manifold though, yours seems to have an alloy one

Yes it has an alloy intake but don’t know any other visual differences between the CBD & CBBB?

I’ve ended up with a complete lemon with this one. Loads of things popping up and going wrong.

front end has had a knock and I’m either thinking the engine was wasted with the knock or it’s just been replaced. Can’t even find the engine number on the block to check against the V5

it certainly doesn’t seem to pull like my old one ( BKD with remap)

I can take a photo of mine in the morning if you want. I know some people fit the alloy manifold to the cbbb. My old a3 was a bkd and felt faster, but it wasn’t actually quicker. I think it’s because it has a smaller turbo so has less lag, 200hp in the current Quattro doesn’t feel anywhere near as quick, although it’s definitely quicker

I would out it, your problems will only grow with time. I would be down to ‘We Buy Any Car’ straightaway.