Definitive order for tuning

Mike Rosher

Reaction score
Hi all, just bought an 03 S3, wondered if there was a tried and tested order for tuning the engine? Allegedly it's been mapped but nothing else.
Mike

order? sequence do you mean?
stages of mapping to suit stages of hardware mods generally..

3" downpipe and either sports cat or de-cat and custom 3" on back out.
80mm oversized tip (turbo intake pipe) and cone filter.
Some sort of hybrid turbo badger 5 sell a good package.
Better rods,exhaust valve's at least and new valve guides.

Reactions: Tj 0785
Induction kit / Upgraded vacuum & boost pipework / FMIC (as I've just learned) / Exhaust / Turbo / Quality Oil Pump / Then Mapping is my guess.

Induction kit / Upgraded vacuum & boost pipework / FMIC (as I've just learned) / Exhaust / Turbo / Quality Oil Pump / Then Mapping is my guess.

You will
Also need forged rods as hydro says and a better fuel pump

Sure, would have been helpful if I'd stated that at the start. Mid 300s horsepower wise I'd say. And it's a late 8l
from std motor:
350bhp goal.. (and no more at a later date....)

large efficient fmic like toyo type b
3" downpipe and exhaust
forged rods
water meth
hybrid turbo and manifold and 80mm tip/filter - eg, k04_380 type hybrid setup
550/610cc injectors
dw65 fuel pump
custom mapped to suit... on healthy engine (not all are) and 350bhp should be achievable from 24-26psi boost

example high spec hybrid setup>> https://badger5.co.uk/turbo-exhaust...old-aet-k04-380-v2-2-tipexchangespecial-order

Hi all, just bought an 03 S3, wondered if there was a tried and tested order for tuning the engine? Allegedly it's been mapped but nothing else.
Mike
Is it silver and on 18 inch bbs wheels ?

Thanks for all the info, looks like best plan is to save up and do everything in one go..
Its a Ming blue S3 that's standard apart from cupra s disks and calipers and supposedly mapped by AMD...means nothing to me!

Haha you must have forgot about superior silver

Reactions: S3JACKSON, hydro s3 and <tuffty/>