S3 valve plugs

JimmyMcGee

Reaction score
I posted this in the Carista thread but maybe that doesn't get looked at so often.

Carista said they don't have the resources to find a fix for the valves issue at the moment. And today OBDEleven announced their product is vaporware :/ Looks like I am going down the physical route. Has anyone installed these plugs on a FL S3 (2019 GPF/OPF)? The description says they are for pre-facelift models.

https://vwpartsinternational.com/sh...e-protectors-blanking-plugs-new-custom-parts/

Last edited:
I posted this in the Carista thread but maybe that doesn't get looked at so often.

Carista said they don't have the resources to find a fix for the valves issue at the moment. And today OBDEleven announced their product is vaporware :/ Looks like I am going down the physical route. Has anyone installed these plugs on a FL S3 (2019 GPF/OPF)? The description says they are for pre-facelift models.

https://vwpartsinternational.com/sh...oval-fault-code-off-wire-connector-new-parts/

It seems that the link has nothing to do with exhaust valves.

Mind you unplugging the valves may affect the performance of the engine since the ECU think there's something wrong. This was shown on the dyno chart in below link but I can't say for sure if this is just this specific RS3 that has the problem or if it's generic.

See my reply in this thread: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/dsg-dq381-torque-capacity.379475/#post-3324089

Last edited:
Reactions: JimmyMcGee
Wow I can't believe the next-gen OBDEleven is delayed indefinitely...I thought that the original one could control the valves (maybe not on the new cars?)?

Wow I can't believe the next-gen OBDEleven is delayed indefinitely...I thought that the original one could control the valves (maybe not on the new cars?)?

Yes that's the thing. The original OBDEleven (Android only) can open the valves but from what I've read it doesn't work on FL models. I saw a comment from @DJAlix that VCDS also can't do it. Is that still the case?

Yes that's the thing. The original OBDEleven (Android only) can open the valves but from what I've read it doesn't work on FL models. I saw a comment from @DJAlix that VCDS also can't do it. Is that still the case?

I can confirm that the Android OBDeleven does work on non-WLTP FL models though.

FWIW, Obdeleven or VCDS does NOT open the valves, they're just coding the module telling it the flaps are NOT installed, so no more current is sent to activate or deactivate the valves, and therefore, you'll need to make sure the valves are opened when you do the coding.

On the other hand, Carista doesn't do coding and it's totally rely on what's preprogrammed to do while Obdeleven and VCDS has full coding and adaptation capabilities. Just go look at the module and coding and see if there's such an option with Obdeleven or VCDS...

Will test when I next have a FL S3 in.