Adi’s dtm

I’m sure 380 would be possible if not a little more, it’s hard to say but rick said it went straight to 350 no problem.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I'm looking to get as close to 400 as possible , i'm hoping by going with a decent uprated engine and using the turbo parts I have , but with a custom core I can get close to that figure, there does appear to be a lot of conflict info on the subject though with very different figures being suggested.

To be honest rob I’m running 320 at the moment and it’s lots of fun I still want more but it’s trying to justify the extra bhp for me at the moment as you know it would end up being a full engine rebuild plus the more you make the turbo larger and cooler ect you seem to get more lag my turbo is just spoiling at 3000 rpm and the launch is set to 4000 rpm so you have to get it high in the Rev range and keep it there to get the full potential of the upgrades however I do enjoy hitting the limiter
at 7000 rpm and getting the flame out the exhaust I’m just not sure more is needed for my driving style it’s difficult to get up to high speed nowadays there is just to many cars on the road to get fully up there in the Rev range I seem to be in second gear most of the time waiting to put my foot down due to the high lag in the turbo.

To be honest rob I’m running 320 at the moment and it’s lots of fun I still want more but it’s trying to justify the extra bhp for me at the moment as you know it would end up being a full engine rebuild plus the more you make the turbo larger and cooler ect you seem to get more lag my turbo is just spoiling at 3000 rpm and the launch is set to 4000 rpm so you have to get it high in the Rev range and keep it there to get the full potential of the upgrades however I do enjoy hitting the limiter
at 7000 rpm and getting the flame out the exhaust I’m just not sure more is needed for my driving style it’s difficult to get up to high speed nowadays there is just to many cars on the road to get fully up there in the Rev range I seem to be in second gear most of the time waiting to put my foot down due to the high lag in the turbo.
Surprised that a ko4 lags that much never really heard one with much turbo lag i know its a bigger turbo than the ko3 but i never thought it was big enough to create a noticeable turbo lag, by the sounds of it adi your be battling with the subaru sti’s to see who hits boost first lol.

I think it’s due to the larger compressor wheel and the size of the intercooler. The blades on the turbo had been clipped from what I could see and the housing was machined quite a bit on the compressor side. I’m not sure if it’s a 38 mm comp wheel ( they did tell me I forgot), it’s nothing like the standard turbo with that early boost. The guy I spoke to at midland turbo said it would be good for 400 bhp

I think it’s due to the larger compressor wheel and the size of the intercooler. The blades on the turbo had been clipped from what I could see and the housing was machined quite a bit on the compressor side. I’m not sure if it’s a 38 mm comp wheel ( they did tell me I forgot), it’s nothing like the standard turbo with that early boost. The guy I spoke to at midland turbo said it would be good for 400 bhp
Ahh i see, at least you get that old school turbo feel, these new cars with no lag and blink and you've changed gear stuff going on personally that would bore the hell out of me nothing like a good manual and a bit of turbo lag when your in boost you know your on boost!

You’ve done pretty much the same mods as I have and my car feels ‘laggy’ too. Although I’m still on a stage one map.

that being said once the turbo spools the car flies along.

what torque figures did you make mate?

Reactions: Charlie Farley
The k03 does spool up very quickly and is probably why the B7 is such a good car, going K04 does have its downsides but with the right build and mapping it should'nt be too much of a lag situation, I think the hybrid K03's are a very good compromise for the B7 if using for daily and performance driving.

I’m sure once I’ve had mine mapped it won’t feel so ‘laggy’. Unfortunately I haven’t got the time or money to book it in yet!

It was a spare k03 housing for the bul engine matching part number then I had the 8p s3 turbo core fitted they machined the housing for the core and fitted a uprated actuator and a billet compressor wheel. It made 350bhp with ease and Rick at unicorn said if could have more to give but didn’t want to push the standard rods on the mileage it’s on.

Similar to my turbo.

Mines a ko3 housing that’s been machined to fit a Beach Buggy Turbos K430 core. The core is usually used on a ko4. Mines the first ko3 he’s put one in.

Not sure what power and torque figures it will make yet. Hopefully find out later this year