Devon lewis Montgomery

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've got a A3 1.8t with the ARY engine with a K04 turbo, both the engine and turbo are on their last legs ,which I knew when buying the car, the plan was to put a bam engine into it but I heard a few people say that the amk is the better engine. Need some help on which one to put in as it's a big job. I've already got a bam engine but the mileage is unknown as it came with the car when I brought it but Ive seen an amk with 42k miles going for £750.
Is it worth buying the amk or sticking with the bam I've already got.
TIA

Hi guys, I've got a A3 1.8t with the ARY engine with a K04 turbo, both the engine and turbo are on their last legs ,which I knew when buying the car, the plan was to put a bam engine into it but I heard a few people say that the amk is the better engine. Need some help on which one to put in as it's a big job. I've already got a bam engine but the mileage is unknown as it came with the car when I brought it but Ive seen an amk with 42k miles going for £750.
Is it worth buying the amk or sticking with the bam I've already got.
TIA
Same block same pistons,rods ECT ECT.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tj 0785
Same engines people think the bam. Is better because it was 225 and amk was 210 but don’t realise that the difference is the ecu map not the engine

Reactions: wahwaaaa
Same engines people think the bam. Is better because it was 225 and amk was 210 but don’t realise that the difference is the ecu map not the engine
tbh I'm mainly looking for reliability over power, I'm also relatively new to the A3/S3 8L scene so just looking for suggestions and what the more experienced members would say is best.