Can anyone help me please? Wiring Issue...

DaveS384

Reaction score
Hello all, i have a problem with my wheel speed sensor wiring. it has been rubbing on something (guessing the wheel) and one of the wires has worn through. so now im getting the abs and traction lights up.

I was initially told that the wire is part of the loom so i cant just get a new one and it has to be soldered back together. So that was done today and its not fixed it. So now i have been told i have to get a new wire that i was told i could not get....... I have now been having a look at myself trying to work it out because i cant get a straight answer out of my "mechanic". I can see that the wire goes from the wheel speed sensor into the chassis leg via a rubber bung but then i cant see where it goes. I cant feel a plug or anything and i cant see where it comes out into the engine bay. the car needs an mot so i need to get this sorted and im sick of paying people to not fix it...

I have done a lot of googleing but i cant seem to find anything on my issue. seen lots about speed sensors but not about the wiring to the sensor.. Can anyone please give me a straight answer on how the hell i fix this?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Dave

Hello,

Soldering it back together should solve the problem, and covering the connection up with something (preferably not tape). If the ecu has proper connection to the ABS-sensor, it will reset after driving for a little bit (So the sensor gets some pulses). But when you soldered the wires back together, did you make sure they are not shorting each other out? In other words, did you isolate them properly?